Mat's Road/Track - 2x f&f Butler & Roberts <£100 posted ea

MatBH5

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hello,

With more parts (& pictures) to follow...

I need to clear some space (physical) and regain some focus (mental!), hence a couple of items offered for sale :

First up, a Roberts time trial style frame, very early at #107, in fact the earliest number I've seen on t'interweb. Got a 'rat' look going on at the moment, non-matching forks... much more detail (and pics) in an original for sale thread here... viewtopic.php?f=22&t=322259

Only additional item to note is a slight dent / depression in the front upper part of the top tube. Previous damage I think, nothing I've done and can 'just' be seen in a picture there. Campag dropouts, adjusters seized in place. F&F only, will inc, headset.

I need to admit that this is a bit small probably, and there are other projects ahead of it. Taking a hit on my purchase price to say £75 collected (Bournemouth) for cash; I'll pack and post for £15 extra assuming paypal gift. Can also deliver to London and some other areas, by arrangement. Negotiations ongoing, arranging collection

Secondly, a Geoff Butler track/path frame and original matching number fork.
This is 531 'frame tubes' and 57cm c-t st, and square at 57cm c-c tt. Nice biplane-style crown and round-leg forks (steerer is 175mm with 33mm of that threaded).
Frame number 56756 (1950's?) on fork steerer and bb.
The bb is marked 'RGF' and has a grease nipple. It is 68mm and unwound as per Eng thread.
Condition-wise, very solid indeed but the paint has suffered with some deep scratches and surface rust (nothing deep). Would need a paint renovation. There is one dent at around the front mech band area (this would not have had one, so I say front mech just to illustrate the position) which I was going to see whether could be 'worked out' by a dent removal company given it is accessible via the seat tube.

Two other track frames ahead of this in my queue. £80 collected (Bournemouth) for cash; I'll pack and post for £15 extra (arrangement as above). Can also deliver to London and some other areas, by arrangement. Deposit Taken

Cheers,

Mat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,134
Re:

I should add postage is to UK mainland at that price, and the Butler frame I've not cleaned/T-cut so the paint is likely to renovate somewhat and may improve considerably, though clearly there are deeper scratches.

Re:

24h bump ;)
Geoff Butler is 116mm spacing at rear, 96mm spacing at front. (seems reasonably typical for a 50's frame)
Plus, I checked and a 700c wheel fits (someone asked...)
Come and get your frames here...
I *always* listen to offers

Re:

A few of the Roberts...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 870
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 870
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 870
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 870
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 870
Re:

Sale agreed and deposit taken on Butler...
Negotiations underway on Roberts...
Thanks all.

Back