Ritchey Super Comp 87 Fillet Brazed hand made,my dream bike

Re: Ritchey Super Comp 87,my dream bike

k-rod":1pyhrybz said:
atta boy - build 'er up with new/top quality stuff ... ride the wheels off the thing ... and then you can put all the original stuff back on it again afterwards.

That's my intention :) Keep all orginal part in safe place . Frame is too good to hang on the wall .. I would like to utilize this lovely frame .. :)

Re:

I love this bike. I understand your plan for it but would like to see photo's of it 100% period correct before you make it into your regular rider :D

Re: Re:

raidan73":3ebm0q9v said:
I love this bike. I understand your plan for it but would like to see photo's of it 100% period correct before you make it into your regular rider :D

:) will do .. I think the image with Spinergy wheel kind of weird and vintage lover will hate that . Actually, I remove it since first shot ride .. just want to test it out.. and I am not really happy with it also. Want to see how weird it can be with modern look.

so far apart from Headset and BB , I plan to use original or same period parts.. still having problem with wheel ... original one still an option.

Thank you very much :)

appreciate all comments and please keep it coming :)

I am really in to vintage bike and try to keep everything original as possible . Would love to hear your comments because I did not know much about pre 90s MTB.

Below is my touring bike TOEI Japan custom made from 70s-80s not sure period almost 40 years old or more , I still have most original parts even the brake cable case still original :) .

Nice to see your open minded about your choice of components and i really love that tourer and you've obviously taken real good care of it judging by the pic :cool: ..

Muddy paw":1dfowgpb said:
Nice to see your open minded about your choice of components and i really love that tourer and you've obviously taken real good care of it judging by the pic :cool: ..

Many thanks!

Re: Ritchey Super Comp 87 Filllet Brazed hand made,my dream bike

I really want to replace headset with something same period.. original Dura ace is no longer function well .. no surprise since it is almost 30 years old.. I purchase NOS XT730 to replace it ... too bad it doesn't work it require additional work on fork which I do not prefer .. ,so I decide to change headset to king ... due to additional work on fork and bearing performance. I am not rich ... ,but $$ is less priority here.. for now .. or forever she will be my favorite bike... ,so I need to decide what best ...

Each time we replace headset .. somehow it require force and that is the main reason why I decide to replace headset with King ,base on assumption that I will ride this lovely bike with less service in next 20 years time.. Hopefully I live that long :)

I will keep all original parts ...and reinstall them once I decide to hang this frame on the wall .. trust me it is hard decision :) It is really hard to decide .. to be honest ... I think this lovely frame will be my favorite and I don't think I can get any frame to replace her ..

Re: Re:

mauricer":8igmifd2 said:
why change it when it was awesome when you got it. brilliant bike.

If I decide not to ride this bike often and hang it on the wall , I should keep it as is I agree.. ,but I also want this bike to ride as good as it can be .. I also try to see if I can improve how she look. I know people have different test ...Mine is not good :)

Re: Ritchey Super Comp 87 Filllet Brazed hand made,my dream bike

This is the final version of this bike. , I decide not to keep all catalog parts on the bike , but replace few parts ,so I can enjoy the bike.

I can easily restore it back to catalog when I decide to display the bike until then I would prefer to keep the bike this way.

Appreciate all the comments ,but some time you need to decide what make you happiest .

Thank you very much again for all inputs and comments.. :xmas-wink:

Latest posts

Back