Ritchey Plexus - first pics [discussion moved to =>1998]

Thats interesting... It is however not the same as the one you linked to me. The flex stays are brazed on my frame where thet look like weldings on the "copy" frame. And the flex tubes attatched over the top tube on mine where they are lover on the copy one...

But on the wherabouts on the frame you might be spot on. The seller bought if from Ben Ben. So it had its life on Vesterbro! And nice to hear about the storry further back, from you!

Lets take them for a swing when it gets dry and nice! Think they will be brilliant for Rude and other tecnical single track stuff!

Then is Lars' old! i will ask him were he got it from next time i talk whit him..

I work i Saxil cykler on blågårdsgade drop by if you are in copenhagen! if you send me an pm first i will bring mine whit me to the shop..

i have newer seen a Ritchey catalog whit the early Plexus' whit 1" head tube - i'm really interested if we can find one

from whit i can fine on the internet the once whit the bolt on the front are France made and the ones whit it on the back are Japanese - but if you find out some more let me know

stinus":2ujyo85b said:
Then is Lars' old! i will ask him were he got it from next time i talk whit him..

I work i Saxil cykler on blågårdsgade drop by if you are in copenhagen! if you send me an pm first i will bring mine whit me to the shop..

i have newer seen a Ritchey catalog whit the early Plexus' whit 1" head tube - i'm really interested if we can find one

from what i can fine on the internet the once whit the bolt on the front are France made and the ones whit it on the back are Japanese - but if you find out some more let me know

Thants fantiatic to know so much of the history that early... if you come by some pics of earlier builds on the frame let me know! I will defintaly come by the Saxil shop some time... (just have to recover from a broken ankle).
I could not find it in the catalogs. Could you point me towards som catalog pics/specs? And do you know if this (mine) frame was intended for suspension?

You got a good taste in bikes man ;-)
Cheers

Update.

I have now found some SID 1" 1999 forks that will match the frame. Hope to be able to fit them this weekend and test out how it changes the ride. It seems that the current rigid fork makes it a little low.

I am considering different kinds of builds. The XTR 95X would be the most correct if I go Shimano. And Sram 9.0 wourld make it a little more "ritchey" like. And I got a source for NOS Stam 9.0 stuff. But actually I would like to try out with the xtr m960 as it is more shiny than the 950... And I have a bike with 950 already.

Would it be a deadly sinn to go 960?

Back