What to do

• Leave completely original

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Leave paint and fit new decals

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Restore with new grey paint and replace decals

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
red bikes are faster - everyone knows that.

First recommendation is to forget about it and sell the Ritchey Megabite Z-max WCS tyres to me, wrapped around the frame. But more honestly - go with what works for you and makes you happy. Mike Stefani was super helpful when I asked after an original Ritchey re-spray and had all the old specs on tap. I have some Ritchey bits left over from my P-21 build if they might help - including some Nitto bull moose bars. Drop me a DM if interested and they are yours for postage.

red bikes are faster - everyone knows that.

First recommendation is to forget about it and sell the Ritchey Megabite Z-max WCS tyres to me, wrapped around the frame. But more honestly - go with what works for you and makes you happy. Mike Stefani was super helpful when I asked after an original Ritchey re-spray and had all the old specs on tap. I have some Ritchey bits left over from my P-21 build if they might help - including some Nitto bull moose bars. Drop me a DM if interested and they are yours for postage.

Thanks buddy that's very generous, drop me a pm with what you have as I have most bits but no wcs apart from the tyres.

If there is visible rust showing, refurbish and save, it there isn't, either leave a little patina and/or colour match and touch up accordingly, decals, with the quality of what's available from here, an exact replacement might be just what your looking for, or leave as is. Either way you cant go wrong, great frame in a great colour. And if you dont go to the expense of a refurb, you might have a little more to spec how you would like.

Great score what ever you choose.

No rust showing luckily, just patina and yellow decals.

Honestly I think I'm just gonna build and enjoy as if I did go full resto then it'll probably just hang in my garage for a few years 😆

Back