Ritchey Competition 1983

uuu I love the looks on those frames! Did you paint it yourself?
Looking forward to see what happens next ;)

Darko

Ductape":3t8lalkp said:
Progress:

Next step is let paint cure for 6 more weeks. Get wheels built.
absolutely beautiful ..'m very curious about the result :D

A bit hung up with the wheel build. ECS was giving me a hard time for an update on Black Beauty so I went and took a few pictures. For now she is patiently sitting in the corner waiting for wheels:

Cyclone M-II front and rear der's.

Avocet Racing III saddle, Laprade post, Campy QR.

TA 180's. Ritchey BB. Going with a double per the catalog.

Early WTB mod. Suntour Mighty's modified and grafted onto Magura levers. Grab on grips. The catalog never specifies shifters or brake levers. This is one of the first mod's WTB offered.

Edco headset, Ritchey brazed clamp on bars, biplane fork.

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":3m5juzcc said:
looking forward to seeing this one sitting on rubber. :cool:

Not half as much as I am. :p

So far so good. :D

Wheels will be black anno Araya 7X with Dura Ace EX hubs. DA Freehub, And a set of first generation IRC Racer X-1tires in 1.75.

Re:

My word this really is turning into something special. Well, even more special!

Love the brake/shift levers especially :cool:

Re:

When that's built, it will be the nicest bike on here (in my opinion), and will always be my own personal unicorn. :cool:

Vultures! Both of ya! :)

The frame is a 21" ( Ritchey measured center to top). So on the small side for me, certainly within my realm though. :cool: No doubt in 83 Mtn. bikes were still being fitted closer to road bike sizes and if I were going into a shop to buy new, they probably would have sent me on my way with a 23".

When I got the frame it did not come with a set of handlebars. There were two options available with the clamp on stem #03501A, and the #03501B. The A's were low rise, the B's high rise. I spent close to two years looking for a proper set. Eventually with the help of Hollister and RISMBT I got two sets at about the same time, both A's. I think B's would work better for my size and old back but when you are looking for unicorns, sometimes you have to accept the first one you find. That doesn't mean I am not still looking for a set of B's though :cool:

http://oldmountainbikes.com/catalogs/mo ... 983_11.jpg

If not my back, the A's will certainly fit the racier look for the bike.

As seen in pic, A bit smaller than the Mountainbikes, that is on the big side of my likings:

Back