Ritchey and 9X2

Defiant":3kis6rf9 said:
I can buy a set way cheaper then that, the WSC (titanium) version.
I might be the rebranded sachs but i want my Ritchey to be original so if i have to buy those,...then i have to,..

But ,..i do not have to buy special cranks?
I have to find myself a nice Ritchey Logic crank anyway,..but for the time beeing my old Cook Bros will have to do..
You don't need to use Ritchey cranks and rings, but they're very nicely made, and the best match for a Ritchey frame. You can run a 103mm bottom bracket for optimum chainline.

Ritchey even made a steel 94mm bcd 28t chainring with special undersized bolts and spacers to provide chain clearance. I know they exist because I've got one, but I've never seen another.

The last piece of the jigsaw is an offset rear rim - a Ritchey OCR or Bontrager ASYM. Because the dished 33t sprocket puts the mech much nearer the spokes, you need to gain a little extra clearance,and an offset rim gives you that, as well as making a stronger wheel.

It's a very logical and well-thought-out system.

There are details in the 1997 component catalogue here:

http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/catalogs/

scant":1vx67ps0 said:
frishnect always liked a low "q factor", so possibly the granny ring tabs on that ritchey crankset were removed
The Ritchey Logic Compact cranks were machined flush at the back. Mounting a granny ring you use long bolts and spacers. With the ring removed, there's nothing to get in the way. You can run them on a 103mm bottom bracket, which is the shortest JIS axle made.

Those are TA rings (29 42) by the way, not Ritcheys.

Attachments

• 19-11-08_1228.jpg
    19-11-08_1228.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,295
its funny how the ritchey 9spd was kinda short lived as shimano did it so much better shortly after. i wonder why the ritchey 10spd never took off? esp as sram & shimano are rumoured to be 10spd in 2010

Back