RIP Pre-Trek Klein Sea & Sky...

Hi guys i'm the new proud own of this klein :LOL: .Now to restore the bike first i'm looking to buy the MC2 handlebar/stem combi n the fork.Anyone have any to let go?

Let's start with top cap and spacers first. You might need some time before you chance upon the MC2 Cockpit and Strata Fork. PM me if you're interested.

tigerkai":3jkcc5mx said:
Hi guys i'm the new proud own of this klein :LOL: .Now to restore the bike first i'm looking to buy the MC2 handlebar/stem combi n the fork.Anyone have any to let go?

yeah, I agree with dancingjack.

& it is something to be proud of, its beautiful :)

people are just busting your nuts because its new bits. or they dont like klein, but those are just personal preferences. dont worry about it :)

tigerkai":17l2x5j2 said:

I'm Sorry, don't get me wrong, its still pretty, just that it would (imPo) really do the old girl perfect justice if the previous owner had retained the original MC2+Strata combo..But it did not occur to me at that time that the missing parts might have already worn out..Well if thats the case then I agree that its one hell of a save!

Very Best of luck in Acquiring the Stem + Fork and I can't wait to see that "New" Bike!

The wheels aren't really to my taste otherwise its very nice. But each to their own if we all thought the same it'd be pretty boring, besides I make an effort to avoid critical judgements of other peoples a) bikes and b) life partners ...

The fork/frame junction is the worst looking part out there (the gap).

To 'tigerkai': MC2 stem/handlebar combos are pretty easy to find on eBay (prepare to shell approx. 50-150 GBP) and you can use it with a normal steerer with an adapter from RESET Racing.

Forks however, are a different story. MC2 rigid forks (Uniklein and Strata) are extremey hard to find and they usually command prices from about 300-1000 GBP, Stratas (Adroit fork) being way more expensive than the Unikleins (Attitude fork).

Me..... i think its pretty brave, and is certainly one i'd take notice of going past, and i think in a strange way it works, i would be worried picking up the phone and ordering all those parts written down on a list :LOL: but i gotta admit the end result is pretty good and radical.

'Thumbs up' from Meeeeee!!!!

bryanus":2fzfi9hq said:
I don't have anything against "modernizing" per se, but those wheels are a bit loud. I've seen lots of bikes like this in Asia. Groups of riders get together and do city rides and have these amazing USA-made bikes, generally Merlins and lots of other high-end frames that are just decked out in the craziest, loudest parts you can find, like these here Synergys...

+1

I've got nothing against modenizing old bikes and have done it myself but the wheels are just complete s**t. It's NOT a road bike!

Neil G":3vsepar4 said:
bryanus":3vsepar4 said:
+1
I've got nothing against modenizing old bikes and have done it myself but the wheels are just complete s**t. It's NOT a road bike!
These wheels were made for ten years pre 1999 so they are not modernising it really are they :?:
And as to them being shit that is only your ill informed opinion is'nt it :?:
and not fact :!: Several very famous riders raced on these bitd and they never had any problems :!: I find it is generally just people who have never had any themselves that slate them,or people who read a litigation companies advert on the internet :roll: If you have direct experience then comment if not keep your ill informed opinions to yourself :roll:

Back