Dean Jester team TET

Ricker

Dirt Disciple
This is a frame I have been looking for- One became available a little while ago, so I got ahold of it and moved parts from another build, from the same year, over to this one. This is a team bike from 1997 and it came out of Denver CO. I used to race against these bikes bitd and I always liked the paint. Rainbow in Boulder painted it- orange powder with wet paint purple. This one is even the size I would prefer! It has a canti hanger but it does not appear to have ever been used. Fork needs to be overhauled but I can't seem to get one of the bolts at the bottom of the leg to come out, it just rotates. I don't know how it is assembled and can't seem to find a manual online. Photos aren't the best, I'll need to get better ones at some point...

1997 Dean Jester 01.jpg
1997 Dean Jester 02.jpg
1997 Dean Jester 03.jpg
1997 Dean Jester 04.jpg
1997 Dean Jester 05.jpg

Frame: 1997 TET made Dean Jester team - 16" #63

Fork: White Brothers SC70

Headset: Chris King black
Stem: Ritchey WCS 120 mm (nos)
Handlebar: Easton monkey lite lo-rise SL
Grips: Pedros Bobke prayer stix
Barends:

Brakes: Avid Mag
Brake Pads: XTR cartridge
Brake Cables: XTR
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Avid speed dial Mag

Shifters: XTR 950 8 speed
Front Derailleur:
Rear Derailleur: XTR 950
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette: XTR 950 12-32
Chain: XTR/Dura-ace 8 speed (nos)
Cranks: XTR 950 (nos)
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket:
Pedals: XTR 747

Hub Skewers: Fast Feather black
Rims: Mavic Crossmax 1st gen
Hubs:
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: WTB velociraptor
Tubes: yes

Saddle: Flite TT (nos)
Seatpost: Tamer (nos)
Seatpost Binder: Dean

Weight: 10.0 kg (22.1 lbs.)

Last edited:
This is a frame I have been looking for became available a little while ago so I got ahold of it and moved parts from another build from the same year over to this one. This is a team bike from 1997 and it came out of Denver CO. I used to race against these bikes in bitd and I always liked the paint. Rainbow in Boulder painted it- orange powder with wet paint purple. This one is even the size I would prefer! It has a canti hanger but it does not appear to have ever been used. Fork needs to be overhauled but I can't seem to get one of the bolts at the bottom of the leg to come out, it just rotates. I don't know how it is assembled and can't seem to find a manual online. Photos aren't the best, I'll need to get better ones at some point...

View attachment 679842
View attachment 679843
View attachment 679845
View attachment 679846
View attachment 679847

Frame: 1997 TET made Deam Jester team - 16"

Fork: White Brothers SC70

Headset: Chris King black
Stem: Ritchey WCS 120 mm (nos)
Handlebar: Easton monkey lite lo-rise SL
Grips: Pedros Bobke prayer stix
Barends:

Brakes: Avid Mag
Brake Pads: XTR cartridge
Brake Cables: XTR
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Avid speed dial Mag

Shifters: XTR 950 8 speed
Front Derailleur:
Rear Derailleur: XTR 950
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette: XTR 950 12-32
Chain: XTR/Dura-ace 8 speed (NOS)
Cranks: XTR 950 (NOS)
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket:
Pedals: XTR 747

Hub Skewers: Fast Feather black
Rims: Mavic Crossmax 1st gen
Hubs:
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: WTB velociraptor
Tubes: yes

Saddle: Flite TT (nos)
Seatpost: Tamer (NOS)
Seatpost Binder: Dean

Weight:

Very nice, what number is the frame?

Serial is #63 I think. I will need to verify it when I get a chance- I'll add that to the description above

Edited again- serial is #63 not 62

Last edited:
Serial is #62 I think. I will need to verify it when I get a chance- I'll add that to the description above

Great, thanks.

Don't see many about. Wondering how many were issued to the team.

<edited this>

I have always wondered that too- I was told it was a team bike so it may or may not be one, the product decals (there is a Chris King on the top tube near the head tube) suggest some level of sponsorship so I am just guessing it is a team bike. If someone knows about more about this I would love to hear about it, and update the thread to keep it accurate. I did find this catalog image from Gringineer Cycles:

1997 Dean jester catalog pg - Gringineer .jpg

Last edited:
Glad it found a good home! I’m unsure how many were team frames, but there were about 200 jesters made total. TET didn’t weld them all either. Only the ones stamped like this one obviously. Awesome job with the build.

Back