Sold Revell Romany 531c, 22½ C to T

I'd have thought as a Romany (a pure tourer) it would be 531ST. Look at those braze ons! Sure it's 531C not ST?
And likely 27 x 1 1/4 not 700c?
Ahh.. just read it properly.... dohh!

Last edited:
Are the brake brazeons for 700c or 27" wheels?

700c I would say. I did I eye them up if they were 26", but I don't think so. Too late for 27" I think.

What would be interesting is you measure the rear spacing. This bike I believe is about the period of MTB gruppos entering the touring world. It is most likely 130mm, but could even be 135mm?

If I was local, I would snap your hand off for this. It's not a CX, it is a proper solid tourer with all the mounts and braze ons. Come Spring, worth about £100 I reckon.

Where are you based by the way?

700c I would say. I did I eye them up if they were 26", but I don't think so. Too late for 27" I think.

What would be interesting is you measure the rear spacing. This bike I believe is about the period of MTB gruppos entering the touring world. It is most likely 130mm, but could even be 135mm?

If I was local, I would snap your hand off for this. It's not a CX, it is a proper solid tourer with all the mounts and braze ons. Come Spring, worth about £100 I reckon.

Where are you based by the way?
Scotland. Frame is in Linlithgow and I regularly travel up and down from their and Falkirk to Dumfries in SW Scotland

Back