Return to Hills Bothy 2- Taking Dad Home to our Mountain

Re: Re:

LongboardSi":ccsjqdjc said:
slmracing":ccsjqdjc said:
Can I play out Joe ?

Let me know what date you decide on, I have this to bed in (yes it is modern) but it is steel and has rigid forks :facepalm:

Stuart.

If he lets you ;) d'ya wanna share travel from our part of the world?

Hi, yes we can do no problem at all, are we still looking at the 28th of March?

Re: Return to Hills Bothy times 2

Currently on hold, my dad was admitted into hospital last Wednesday, prognosis not ******* good tbh, if he doesn’t have a operation he’ll die of blood poisoning if has operation he runs high risk of dying on the table and whatever happens his cancer is marching onwards...

family first dude, rides later

if you need owt just holla

So, I’ll be needing to take Dad home to a particular mountain in North Wales sometime soon, he’ll fit into a pannier by then, and it’s a journey I’ll do by bicycle accompanied by dog’s boots and potentially my brother for parts, you lot are welcome to join just bring extra sausages.

Obviously date not set but this feels appropriate

Oh dear, doesn’t sound good buddy. If you need to vent, talk etc just ring.

If you're happy for us to join in, then I'd be keen to come along if I can make it.

Really enjoyed the trip last year, and this sounds like a fitting and worthy tribute. Even if the need for it sucks...
I'd like to think someone would do something like this for me when the time comes.

Keep us posted and thinking of you through what must be proper crappy time.

My dad died this morning in my hands, I’m going to be cycling to North Wales in the coming weeks to take him to our home mountain, company enroute will be welcoming you may join us wherever possible stopping at bothies for shelter.
Dad and I spoke about this in recent days and he thought it was a good idea

I’m taking Dad home

LongboardSi":qxibuvh6 said:
If you're happy for us to join in, then I'd be keen to come along if I can make it.

Really enjoyed the trip last year, and this sounds like a fitting and worthy tribute. Even if the need for it sucks...
I'd like to think someone would do something like this for me when the time comes

Keep us posted and thinking of you through what must be proper crappy time.

RB’ers more than welcome and doesn’t have to be a Retrobike!!! I’m going to be using my Jones

Back