Retro Coast to Coast – completed

Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great little adventure. I fitted racks to my Saracen several years ago and we did the Ridgeway from start -->> Bedford and it was great, would love to do another similar trip.

Dr S":2adynqae said:
Excellent work that man. I used to love slapping the paniers on my trusty Saracen and heading off on an epic. I'm really envious- just had a holiday in the South Hams part of Devon and really fallen for the place, its beautiful and I'm keeping an eye on house prices down there already.

Any more pics?

Ha Ha Ha Ha! An ironic laugh that one. I was born and raised in the South Hams (Totnes and then Dartington) and could not afford to move back. Dr, if you find a nice, desireable part of Devon look at the prices and then add on 30%, bingo, South Hams prices!

Insider tip for you. Look at houses in places like Buckfastleigh and perhaps Newton Abbot. Choose wisely and you won't be missing the South Hams. Every time I go back to visit Totnes I want to cry. I know everywhere changes but some places manage to change for the better. If you pushed a handcart up the High Street shouting, "Bring out your Freaks," and ringing a bell it would be full within 10 meters.

Back on topic. Well done Crayons. Having just done similar I know it is a good laugh. What did you eat during the day? That tent looks similar to the Coleman one I took. I also took a 2m x 2m plastic tarp and 3 spare pegs. The forth peg being the guy rope. This allowed me to keep the panniers and bike dry.

Years ago I took part in a charity ride that went from Torbay over the Moors and up to the North coast. It was a road ride rather than off though. Are you planning any longer trips?

Looks like an ace trip!

The ride up to Prince Town from Plymouth is one i've done a few times myself and is a great there and back day ride with a nibble and drink in The Plume of feathers.

The last time i rode it, i did it on my surly with amp forks in the rain. And took a big tumble on the 'loose' run down to the Resevoir. my left grip came off and so did i!! :roll: i'm a lucky boy to have walked away with just cuts and bruises.

I hope to go again sometime,when my fitness and back allow?

Your pics of Dartmoor realy make me want to go back. Cheers :D

Al.

Back