RetroRonde 2023

Well it was a very hot, but very fun day! As my back has gone twang, I gently rode the 40km on the Bergamin.

I believe that the event has new organisers, it certainly has a new logo and there were some differences in the organisation. I had the feeling that numbers were down compared to previous editions, although, as always, there was a very large UK participation.

It was very nice. Indeed hot, especially on the open sections. I enjoyed climbs like Oude Kwaremont and Rampe. I decided for the Batavus Professional cyclocross bike in the end. It was a comfortable companion on this hot day. No issues with the 80s cross tubulars. They were disintegrating, but holding air.

(...)

I believe that the event has new organisers, it certainly has a new logo and there were some differences in the organisation. I had the feeling that numbers were down compared to previous editions, although, as always, there was a very large UK participation.

True. Highest bib number I saw was 622, whereas pre-Covid editions hosted 800+ participants. I was happy to see that the new organisers brought back the old crew with the nun, the pastor, the gendarme and the mayor. And of course, Olivier, the master of ceremonies. His comments on the riders in the Saturday afternoon time trial alone were worth the trip. :)

IMG_20230611_092928604_HDR.jpg

I hope the organisers were as happy with the event as I was, and there'll be a RetroRonde 2024.

Did they still make these kind of vintage photo before you will start to the "race"? - The number plates are still the same as previous rondes.

Back