RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ 15/09/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
daj":il1vvmua said:
matthew71":il1vvmua said:
Any sign of rob atkins warning of floods, storms and end of the world is nigh message yet? :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Fair enough..... :roll: :LOL: ....I'm just too caring...

Every ride I've been on has been ace weather despite the shocking conditions that bookend the day the ride.

I'm coming on this one - hopefully the trend will continue!

elPedro666":2sirdib4 said:
Kiran's coming, not sure on the other ladies yet, I'll ask Gav & Martin later. Should be in good time, as always... :roll:

Toni is coming over for the camp etc but not the riding side of things, we'll be there sometime Friday afternoon.

I will not be there, don't know where I'll be as I'm currently on a two holiday heading wherever it's sunny with the bikes and the tent.

Just rode down the singletrack into Bradwell today and it's chewed up by horses, but rideable. Pretty dry at the moment. Have fun

I know nobody is usually up for it, but does anyone fancy deviating to include an extra trip into Castleton, via Cavedale and then back up the Mam Tor broken road to re-join the group at Mam Nick car park?

I admit that excuses about 20+ yr old aluminium frames may have some validity, but even so...

there seemed to be a few people around last year who were riding as though they would have enjoyed it. (I firmly remember the way Kaya tore past me down the last big hill on that very old Saracen, and Rob Atkin was scaring me at times on the same descent - or was that the otyher way around?)

Si F

It would be a good diversion if very dry. Cavedale on my modern bike scares the crap out of me when it's wet - and I love rocky descents!

It's a very harsh descent.

Saying that, it would be nice to ride up or down the broken road to show it to people who haven't seen it.

you in then? ;)
Scared me a couple of weeks back on my Enduro, but I've ridden it on most bikes I've had in the last 14 years or so, including fully rigids, and to be honest it's not much scarier - just different and a fair bit slower.

Likely to be Puncture city though...

The main problem with that diversion is that you're adding extra distance and another big climb to what is already a tough day out for some. The ride nearly killed me last year, as everyone who was there (and waited 30 mins for me on the last hill) could see!

It's a classic ride as it takes in some lovely views, some great descents which aren't too rocky plus a great cafe stop. I think if you sent everyone down Cavedale early on in the ride anyone who was struggling might just give up and go back to Hope!

I like the fact you keep your altitude between the top of the rocky uphill where the hillclimb challenge is all the way to Mam Nick -you don't drop sown to the valley bottom so it makes the distance a bit more doable than the mileage suggests, especially on an old bike......

Can't wait for the 15th!

I can see why it's not a good idea, but if anyone fancies it on the day then I'm very up for indulging... what's one more big hill anyway? :roll:

If I make it all that is

Is this any good for an old, unfit, fat bloke wi an old steel Kona [or will I be the only one walking] :)
canal004.jpg

Bowie said:
Is this any good for an old, unfit, fat bloke wi an old steel Kona [or will I be the only one walking] :)
canal004.jpg
[/quo

We are as fast as the slowest man so come along......(the first climb to the tv transmitter will make you sleep a little better that night though!... :roll: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back