Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ AFTERMATH

Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ AFTER

Great days riding in a fantastic part of the country. Probably 20 years since I last rode the area. Thanks to Marc and Vern for pointing us in the right direction, sorting the food and lining up 2 great watering holes.
Bike of the Ride too, thanks Marc! Used my NOS Muc Off sponge to clean the Salsa :D
Glad to here stuntman Ben is on the mend. Hopefully, see y'all int Peaks.

Glad stuntman Ben is OK :D

black sleep :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

That's a proper spent stu. Knackered from work/ride + lager = goodnight.

In my brand new chair as well of all things.
It is quite comfy actually

My usual two penneth.

I'll keep this one to pictures as Kaya and the others have given a good enough narrative.

Just a few things however. Firstly, thanks to Kaya and anyone else involved in the organisation for this ride. A+ in my opinion. If anyone has it on an O/S sheet or similar can you try and get me a copy as I'd love to ride it again. Took me back years as it was my old stomping ground.

Camping was great fun, It was funny to see Ben sat there all on his own when I arrived on Friday night, the poor sod. Just sat there all alone in a field cooking burgers and beans.

Altogether a great bunch of guys who pulled together not only during the ride but also at the end when Ben had his fall.

Now the pictures:

IMAG1052_zpsa10e8923.jpg

IMAG1053_zpsf3591c44.jpg

IMAG1054_zpsb75f1777.jpg

P1010117_zps59e3df12.jpg

P1010118_zps9990e8c4.jpg

P1010124_zps70856332.jpg

P1010126_zpsc8183c68.jpg

P1010127_zpsadadc538.jpg

P1010129_zps25ae40b8.jpg

P1010132_zpscf280454.jpg

P1010144_zpsdd987261.jpg

P1010147_zps7437dcab.jpg

Thanks to everyone who attended for a thoroughly enjoyable day out and in particular Vern and Marc for the superb organisation, really chuffed with my book prize for best mid nineties bike, totally unexpected but thanks all the same, the day has hopefully inspired me to get out on my bike a bit more often than once every three months!!!!
Cheers Dazz....

Great ride I came off five times ! Cool pic of me thanks Paul
The '93 ex NORBA RM team race bike was clearly too good for a mere mortal like me
Good to hear you are on the mend Ben you climbing god

That reminds me

I have some extra large flip flops, a horn my son keeps tooting in my ear and a bright coloured speedo top I don't even know what for ;)

A bloody good weekend with a wobbly start- me keeping SLM racing waiting nearly an hour because I'd miss read his text- and an ending that could have been a lot worse. But the rest of it was fine.

No camera, I only took the essentials [Beer etc], so no photo's. I have learnt;

Yorkshire Blackout is available in bottles and it's free delivery!
If I shaved the rest of my hair off then the sweat would run straight down into my eyes,
All the ant hills in Yorkshire are in one place,
Cropton village has/ had a rubbish cricket pitch

What would I change for next year? The weather; a five pint camel back + two water bottles of juice and a pint of coke at lunchtime still wasn't enough to stop me feeling dehydrated and befuddled but everything snapped back into horribly sharp focus right at the end when Fluffy Chicken had his tender flesh/ car interface.

Thanks to the chaps who organised and I will put my book which I won for my bodges and shortcuts on my new bike build in pride of place on the bookshelf.

See you all soon I hope.

Back