RetroBike National MTB Series Rd 2: Surrey Hills AFTERMATH

Re:

Nice to see the old guard and some new faces.

Pretty bad conditions, but not actually as bad as I had prep'd for given the reports. The North Downs handles it much better than most areas due to all that sand, but, that sand has a bad side too.

Wish we hadn't got lost (not like me to get lost I know), was up for a bit more but nice to spin back with old friends anyway.

A few of your bikes are up here...

http://instagram.com/switchbackmb

Thank you to the organisers foe what was (before I drowned) a fantastic session of riding.

I would have been happy to have to have ridden that first descent section over and over again :cool: I was riding behind Gruff and couldn't help but laugh out loud (not at him I should add) at the "funness".

Would love to ride there again in the dry (like two years ago) as I imagine those sections would be horrendously fast.

@ Mark

Just WTF was that green thing, you weren't even slightly appologetic for turning up on it

TBH I've run out of apologies over the years :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That said my rims and brake blocks are just fine and dandy :mrgreen:

Apologies for bailing just after lunch. The ingress of sand was starting to take its toll ......... :shock:

Looking forward to the FOD in a few weeks.

A few pics*:

P6200172.JPG

Flooding-risk-to-UK-007.jpg

6386193b-6536-42b8-8810-ae2832d94d79-620x413.jpeg

* That may or may not have been taken yesterday ;)

Thanks Max and co for organising, going through reci hell and leading out a ride in some terrible weather. Weather aside was a good ride. Had forgotten how goof the area is.

Re:

Sorry Bob (tail end Charlie)

Some how missed you off the string of photo's on previous page.....

Attachments

• bob the rear gunner.jpg
    bob the rear gunner.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 516
Re: Re:

Uncle Monty":1ktelg3x said:
How many retro bikers can you fit in a bus stop?

I want to know what they were up to, from the other side of the street it sure looked like it was max'ed out :D

Attachments

• man love.jpg
    man love.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 510
Some great photos there. I took a few but they are not that good. I'm glad I'm smilng in the one I star in!

Just wondered if anyone could help? The bear valley hasn't come through unscathed. I can sort the gritty rear mech and the chipped paint but the gritty freewheel has got me stumped. Can I strip it and rebuild, or should I just flush it with some wd40 then relube with thicker stuff?

Cheers,
Sam

Great ride and a big thx to all those who made it happen

I enjoyed it including the rain it made a change from always riding in the dry.

I also have to say a big thx to chris (uncle monty) for helping me out with transport, servicing and cleaning my bike! he come's recommended if he wants to do it full time

Also when I arrived home (Manchester) it turned out they were dry and sunny all weekend must have been me who took all the rain to the south

....and I'm still sorry that my pat on the back actually pushed you into the gorse!....... :facepalm:

Back