RetroBike National MTB Series Rd 2: Surrey Hills AFTERMATH

Re:

Sorry I wimped out :( I spent Saturday on the Wiggle mtb event which was wet and shitty and ate my disc pads - same trails. Travelling this week with work so I spent the day with my nipper instead. Glad you had fun, see you at Mayhem.

SP

Re:

First off .... Sorry for being late at the start and holding you all up !
Sutch a shame that we had so much rain in the lead up to the ride, went out with grd and Monty a couple of times in the weeks before and the trails were ace !
Still that's spring for you ;-)
Bailed not long after lunch due to my "off" earlier on !
Great turn out again for this ride, just a shame that those that are not local didn't see the trails at there best :-(
Thanks to grd and Monty for the route, and hope to see some of you again around that area
Mick :)

Re:

Well it would have been a good, if a little wet ride if i'd not felt like cr*p after the 1st climb :roll: I've never felt so bad on a ride so decided to bail and get home in time to give the bike a good clean and tuck it up in the shed.
Thanks go to Max and Chris for nursing me on and back towards the car park.
A real shame about the weather 'cos i know how good those trails are in the dry.

Anyone got any boingy forks in 1 inch spare as i think i'm too old for rigid :?

Re:

Wet indeed. I just love wet roots! Kinda glad I had to bail halfway round due to other commitments! As said above, the trails when dry are a total different (and much better) proposition... I'm up for doing the same again with any other locals (dry weather only from now on)

Re:

Thanks for organising the ride today Max and Monty

A great ride I thought , nice to meet some new people and improve my technical skills . Only had to replace a pair of pads , after the bike was washed . Hosed clothes off along with my shoes , tried to dry them off in the Sun that was out for the rest of the afternoon :evil: Didn't work though , looks like I'm road riding to work tomorrow then :roll:

Mike

Re:

Thanks for a great day chaps........bike stripped and sand removed from bum crack!........I too am a set of pads worse off, although the bike did hose off nicely

They don't really get much wetter than that do they?

Here is my 'selfie' from the bus stop of doom!.......

Gareth, your moment of fame....

URL=http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/feetabix/media/imagejpg2_zpsf838ccc6.jpg.html]
imagejpg2_zpsf838ccc6.jpg
[/URL]

Re:

Great ride, but boy did it rain at lunch time... so much so that my bike was almost washed cleaned riding back up the hill against a tidal wave of water coming the other way. Scrubbed off 50% of my brand new rear pads :shock: Think I can safely say there bedded in now,

All in all a great ride, :LOL:

Got the car so hot on the long(ish) drive back that it dried the bike off a treat,
Will be back for next year, but looking forward to the Dean next

Few snaps below from todays ride, however they aren't up to much as a damp plastic bag and a sweaty pocket some what steamed the lens up

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 378
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 378
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 378
  • 1 feetabix.jpg
    1 feetabix.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 378
  • cinder cone clean.jpg
    cinder cone clean.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 378
Good ride chaps :) Thanks to the organisers and ride leaders.

Thought we'd got away with the weather until just before lunch. After that it was fairly biblical.

Trails were good as ever, even with minimal brakes.

May have to reconsider the flat stem on the Yo. Looks good but back now feels back - old age I assume.

Sunshine for next year please chaps!

Re:

Big thanks to Andy Z for the loan of the spanners, didn't realise just how shite old skool Tange kit was, headset came loose on a down hill and amost juddered by arms out of their sockets and the Bottom Bracket developed a bit of play,
I'm sure with a little more practise with the tools they'll be just fine.... :facepalm:

@ Mark

Just WTF was that green thing, you weren't even slightly appologetic for turning up on it, and when you parked it next to mine it looked like father and son had gone out for a ride.

Aside from the white Turbo not looking so virginal white the old girl escaped quite lightly

Attachments

• post ride.jpg
    post ride.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 365
  • when I grow up.jpg
    when I grow up.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 365
  • some people have no shame.jpg
    some people have no shame.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 365
Re:

Thanks to Max, Grd, Monthy for setting this up, it was a good day.

I had to bail a bit early due to feeling rough as rats, due to the cold I have.

It was nice to see some lovely bikes out, under all that grit. My 'Turbo' has unpeeled its glue put apart from that, a good clean saw my bike looking not too worse for wear. Only wish I fared as well.

Thanks again, looking forward to attending another. :)

Back