RetroBike National MTB Rd 6: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

Re:

Really enjoyed Saturday's ride, big thanks to Paul and Pete for showing us the new route combining a bit of the old and some new trails. I have to admit that some of the wet rocky descents scared me, particularly the last one (Dirtlow Rake?) which went from gravel to big rocks bloody fast. I don't know if it's just me but as I'm getting older everything goes totally blurred if I go fast on really bumpy stuff, I'll know where to hit the brakes next year.

Anyway 10/10 for the new food stop, bike bodging skills and good company. Great photos of the bike bodging by Spudly too, better than a Haynes manual :D .

Can't bear to look at the bike yet, I know I've at least got a torn saddle and a buckled back wheel from my 3mph-uphill-over-the-handlebars crash.

Re:

Quick blast down with hosepipe and wipe over with a sponge followed by a final rinse , let it dry , lube the chain and it's ready to go again, oh the joys of an old Kona , one chip in the downtube (near the headtube FFS !!!) but as I painted it I'll just touch it in , you use your brakes too much Spud , I'm still on last years pads lol .

Re:

Im still on retro brakes and I weigh twice what you do so sod off lol

Sorry I couldn't make this one chaps - was gutted I couldn't make it, first peaks ride I have missed since joining.
Reason? I did the C2C earlier in the week in 2 days and I destroyed both my right knee and left Achilles. I could barely walk and riding a bike was even worse.

The route looks excellent - hope it's the same next year so I can give it a go.

awesome day guys, thanks to pete and paul for sorting the route and cafe, top call!!!

cheers to everyone that continues to make this one of the high lights of my year. this was my 7th year and its never disappointed. bikes taken some battering......the cables and pads on the brakes are a tad "worn and stretched"

was really good to see some old faces, and new ones and highly impressed with the creative methods of fixing break downs!

cheers

Chris

Back