RetroBike National MTB Rd 6: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

Re:

That' the one Chris, and the same wheel that's travelled the country to every ride Pete has ever been to in an attempt to get it sold.

Great photos being posted chaps. It really did look much more grim than it was.

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the new route. I already have a couple of alterations in mind, mostly to avoid the big Chapel Gate climb. Any replacement would involve an equally strenuous amount of climbing though...

Re:

Looks like you all had a great time and I missed another great ride out ! Thanks to everyone for posting their thoughts and pictures it makes great reading and spurs on everyone who couldnt make it to try for the next one its much appreciated.
Adrian

Sort of pleased not to have joined in - I dont think me or the bike would have done very well.

As a small consolation, had a lovely breakfast at Cafe Zelda and a slow winding misty drive home after meeting with you 'orrible lot.

*and in the time it took you to get round, I had built my pre ride cycle jumble Saracen E-stay...

Re:

Some more pic's...

Attachments

• photo 10_edited-1.jpg
    photo 10_edited-1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 703
  • photo 9_edited-1.jpg
    photo 9_edited-1.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 703
  • photo 6_edited-1.jpg
    photo 6_edited-1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 703
  • photo 4_edited-1.jpg
    photo 4_edited-1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 703
Re: RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

Rampage":1ckbsyir said:
You've sold it?!
Is that the one you brought to the velodome jumble 1.5 years ago?

I think it is, he has tried to sell that wheel to me a few times, over the years :facepalm:

Re:

Just had to replace my rear gear cable, inner and the whole outer from the stay to the rear mech!

And this, is all that remains of my rear brake pads, the new ones are what the dead ones looked like previously lol

A fantastic days riding with the usual amusing banter.

The route was the best I've ridden, I think the fog helped a lot on the climbs as I couldn't see how endless they were!

Massive thanks to Paul et al for the work they did devising the route.

Ridiculous fun on the downs, I'm amazed my wheels are still true and I only had the one puncture.

Kudos goes to Longun for riding dam near slick road tyres at 60psi, staying on and not puncturing!

Massive thanks to Marc for patching me up after Pete had me off ..... Oh Matron ;-)

Lovely grub and lots of coffee went down a storm.

Top tube has definitely lots it's shine ......

See you at the next one :)

letmetalktomark":ghvji373 said:
A fantastic days riding with the usual amusing banter.

The route was the best I've ridden, I think the fog helped a lot on the climbs as I couldn't see how endless they were!

Massive thanks to Paul et al for the work they did devising the route.

Ridiculous fun on the downs, I'm amazed my wheels are still true and I only had the one puncture.

Kudos goes to Longun for riding dam near slick road tyres at 60psi, staying on and not puncturing!

Massive thanks to Marc for patching me up after Pete had me off ..... Oh Matron ;-)

Lovely grub and lots of coffee went down a storm.

Top tube has definitely lots it's shine ......

See you at the next one :)

And that sums it uup for me, views were spectacular, yet elusive, climbs were a pain, downhills were gruelling but fun.

Bike is battered, I am battered, both are shattered and bike needs repairing and wont look the same afterwards, but I'm still smiling and wishing I was still there!!

There were definite "fors" for riding a bike with disc brakes and hub gears. Must have taken me all of 10 minutes to clean, dry and put my bike away :)

Back