Retrobike National Event Series: Rd 2 Thetford 23/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on making this ride & it'll be the 1st big ride of the year for me, so if anyone wants to keep me company at the back of the pack... ;)

I think I will be able to join you at the back ;)
From the looks of other people's bikes, I will have one of the heaviest there, as well as being really unfit!

Andy B":1jbqxcqg said:
I'm planning on making this ride & it'll be the 1st big ride of the year for me, so if anyone wants to keep me company at the back of the pack... ;)

The back of the pack will be a dangerous place to be this time out... I'm riding the rebuilt Klunker, with its new Atom hub brakes and steel Araya rims adding a whopping 19lbs. It now weights in at 52lbs and the brakes are shockingly bad. I hope no-one suddenly stops in front of me thats for sure. :twisted:

Dr S":2hc3lnrk said:
Andy B":2hc3lnrk said:

The back of the pack will be a dangerous place to be this time out... I'm riding the rebuilt Klunker, with its new Atom hub brakes and steel Araya rims adding a whopping 19lbs. It now weights in at 52lbs and the brakes are shockingly bad. I hope no-one suddenly stops in front of me thats for sure. :twisted:
52lbs! :shock:

I can just picture the scene at the start of every section of trail

[everybody]After you DrS

[DrS]you guys go first

[everybody]No after you DrS (repeat until sunset) :LOL:

I'm rear-gunner on this one. The cool riders can listen to my seatpost creaking all the way round.

Its going to be hard work punting it around for sure. I have decided to ride a different RetroBike at each round of the National series this year so I figured that as Thetford is flat, it makes sense to get the Klunker out of the way. Imagine hauling that around the Peaks or in the lakes for BDW?

no thanks :shock:

guisbro029.jpg

Flat! You may change your mind by 3pm Sunday. Your legs will be telling you a different story. Best bike for Thetford is anything that rolls well and can also handle tight twisty singletrack is ideal. Ideal tyres are Nobby Nics or Speed Kings if wet, Racing Ralphs if dry.

Most of England is flat compared to Northumberland. We have climbs that make the Peaks look like Holland. The Klunker goes like a train when its rolling. Stopping is the problem. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back