RetroBike in decline?

joe careless":1izuvcvc said:
People always come back as RB doesn't have the d*ckheads that troll theeads

I'm on here less down to the fact I have a family nowadays
Less time in my former bachelors pad

Same for me mate having gone from the glory days of carefree single life with nothing better to do than fill the house with retro, drive about the country collecting retro, drive about the country riding retro and waste all the rest of my time on the site to two children, a wife and a dog that all demand my time. Sounds like I'm moaning but life is better now! :LOL:

As for the cut off...... Don't agree with the sliding scale. As has been mentioned before, the 97 rule kind of cuts it off at the end of what many consider to be the golden age. The 98+ section is fine for the rest but for me this era is just full of old bikes that don't hold any interest. By all means segment it further and add a modern section but the meat of the site is late 80's to early 90's and to dilute that further would damage the site for me.

legrandefromage":1owb4ec2 said:
The ratio of newly purchased handbags to bicycles in the shed has not gone unnoticed.

More like stuff of mine that used to be inside now takes up room in the garage. The handbags live in the house, along with the shoes. :facepalm:

I'm currently building a workshop to house my bike/kayaking/surfing/sailing and making things stuff and be my sanctuary, wood burning stove and chair too.

Re:

Or just tall.

8800362_orig.jpg

legrandefromage":3miy91h5 said:
Home page hasnt been updated in 18 months

Sales of parts hardly setting the world on fire

Shop doesnt work

Has the party moved on?

The collection assistance thread is massively out of date with at least half a dozen names you don't see any more and even has one member that was banned over 3 years ago!

Still love the site though and even though I visit the 80s era facebook page the forum is where its at for me personally :cool:

Back