RetroBike in decline?

Re:

There is a Retrobike Facebook page set up by John way back in October 2007 . It was used sparingly and the last post was 2011 so obviously not much interest in that.
There is , according to the home page , an Instagram group however I don't have that so I don't know if it's ever used.

I'm a member of my works recreational association cycling section. Until relatively recently it was all done on a traditional web forum similar to this however since a Facebook group was set up there is very little posted on the forum and it's only for the benefit of one guy who doesn't have FB. It's certainly a good way to organise events and rides so maybe a separate FB group for each area section would work.

I'm not a great fan of FB. I only use my account to keep up with the forementioned cycling group and a few other groups of interest. I have no friends other than my kids. I don't post anything on my timeline and there's no info about me whatsoever. My security and privacy are locked down hopefuly. So even if you're a sceptic it's still a good tool for keeping up with certain things.

Re:

Addendum to my previous post.

The Retrobike Facebook I referred to is a group for individuals to join and post on however there is also a Retrobike Facebook page which has 11,331 followers and is still active.

Re:

I do think to keep traffic up and fresh, an annual extension and classification of 'newer' retro would be one way to liven things up.

It'd open the door to new users, new discussions and keep us on our toes which is no bad thing.

After all, evrything will be retro one day.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":3c4md0bw said:
I do think to keep traffic up and fresh, an annual extension and classification of 'newer' retro would be one way to liven things up.

It'd open the door to new users, new discussions and keep us on our toes which is no bad thing.

Makes perfect sense to me.

al-onestare":2pd5escj said:

I agree 100%. Especially considering the literal meaning of retro..

al-onestare":1qyq6a3v said:

I agree. Shortly after I joined there was a thread about the >97 cut-off date and I made the point about the BMX scene having old-school, mid and modern sections and maybe MTB would eventually go the same way...

Fast forward a few years where the latest bikes now have different wheels, hubs, geometry and countless other changes and I think soon >2010 MTB's will be referred to as mid school as so much has changed in the last five or six years.

The site appears to be merely ticking over at the minute with little input from the owner but that's in no way a criticism of John as I have no idea what he's up to or his personal circumstances. If anything it's a nod to how strong this place continues to be in spite of Facebook etc and long may it continue.

Fudd":2t3fjhzy said:
al-onestare":2t3fjhzy said:

I agree. Shortly after I joined there was a thread about the >97 cut-off date and I made the point about the BMX scene having old-school, mid and modern sections and maybe MTB would eventually go the same way...

Fast forward a few years where the latest bikes now have different wheels, hubs, geometry and countless other changes and I think soon >2010 MTB's will be referred to as mid school as so much has changed in the last five or six years.

The site appears to be merely ticking over at the minute with little input from the owner but that's in no way a criticism of John as I have no idea what he's up to or his personal circumstances. If anything it's a nod to how strong this place continues to be in spite of Facebook etc and long may it continue.

Makes sense to do this. It will increase site traffic and potentially revenue.

People always come back as RB doesn't have the dickheads that troll theeads

I'm on here less down to the fact I have a family nowadays
Less time in my former bachelors pad

Back