RetroBIKE general guide to stubborn bottom bracket removal

Thanks for Sharing

Thanks for sharing the ideas and pictures for securing the BB tool with a bolt, unfortunately I did graze by nuckles before resorting to google :oops:.

all these great ideas for removing stuck bb's and not one mention of a big spanner or adjustable and just hitting it with a big hammer and shocking it off i prefer a 2 1/2lb mash hammer because sometimes brutal is the only way forward works for me :D

REKIBorter":1930d0pl said:
Torque is your friend not brute force

yes correct but as the guys are saying sometimes there at risk of bending the frames trying to hold them still so shocking the part that needs to move to me is a different way :shock:

I have also found the sudden shock method good at breaking the bond between frame and BB but I prefer to use an impact driver after securing the BB tool the same way as LGF.

ImpactDriverWithBits.png

This really worked on my titanium frame but had used some boiling water as well to free any old grease in the frame, to swell the frame and release the BB :cool: The bar was over one meter my hart was really in my mouth this time:LOL:

Used it to free the original fit UN71 from my Zaskar that I'd bought in 1993 - it came out with a grunt over 18 years later.

All hail the LGF!

Oh, thats me, better not then...

Back