RetroBike Classic MTB Ride: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Annual Retrobike ‘Day in the Peaks’ Ride Aftermath

26 riders turned out in the morning's light drizzle for another day of riding old bikes in the Peak District. The climbs were to be expected, but the weather forecast promised somewhat kinder conditions than we actually got. While it didn't rain all day, it did precipitate mostly while we were on the top of some exposed terrain.
But despite this we mostly made it round intact if a little cold and wet at times.

Anyway, many thanks to all those who made it along for another memorable day's riding. I hope you enjoyed the new route.

Post up your pictures and contributions here!

Re:

Had a brilliant day,thanks for sorting a brilliant route, it was great. And was good to meet you all...

Cheers

Adam

yup, awesome day regardless of the rain.....again haha. good to catch up with you all again and meet some new folk :)

new route worked for me although i never managed the hope cross section it appears to be longer than before but more rideable so winner from me, cheers paul.

sadly no pics from me although i contemplated bringing the goslow and wish i had now.

nobody called bike of the ride but to me martins saracen, pauls saracen and the black yeti stood out as real winners.

cheers to everyone for organising, riding, making it a laugh and supporting each other, top day :)

Re:

Good to see everyone again,sorry to hold you all up on the broken road.if I'm being honest,I haven't ridden seriously since the sherwood pines ride in January :facepalm: still,the way I see it is if I didn't come along,I'd never know just how unfit I was!

Great route Paul and thanks to all for successfully herding the group through some testing weather. A pretty impressive display of old bikes with only the slightest hint of a mechanical.
Looking forward to next time and will remember to gear the bike to suit my capabilities. That first climb had slipped my memory completely.

Re:

Thanks to Paul and anyone else who helped with the organisation.
Next year can you remember the sunshine as well!!

It was a brilliant route, which I will be re-visiting just as soon as I can.

I have attached a few pictures. not many came out very well.

Cheers to everyone else who turned up and made a damp day into an enjoyable one.

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_4229.JPG
    IMG_4229.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,840
  • IMG_4231.JPG
    IMG_4231.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,838
  • IMG_4241.JPG
    IMG_4241.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 1,838
  • IMG_4232.JPG
    IMG_4232.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 1,839
  • IMG_4240.JPG
    IMG_4240.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,839
  • IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 1,841
Bloody brilliant day out, my first retro ride in nearly 3 years...

Nice to meet new faces and catch up with some of the regulars.. Really happy with my bike and effort, looking forward to more of these in the future., countless slow-motion offs for me, caught in ruts and clipped in, as well as a puncture at the top of a massive descent (gave me an opportunity to pull a 50m skid into everyone at the bottom :LOL: )

Well done to everyone involved in organising a lovely route, and to everyone that turned up and made it a relaxed day out.

Few pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,829
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,829
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,829
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,829
Re:

Really enjoyed the ride, even if it did rain, not everyone made it round but it is the Peak District, the hills are rather steep. I had a bit of an off chasing Harry Crumb, lost the front on some slimey concrete, which resulted in me hitting the banking :facepalm: I only have a couple of bruises :D I hope Harry is healing well after his crash on the road, you wer very lucky not to get run over by the Massartti, or the Mini coming the other way. Must thank Marc two tone for being our resident first aider, and Wee man mtb, selling me the Dawes wild cat.

We need more rides like this on the calender next year, lets make it happen.

Just a few of my pics

The stunning Dawes Wildcat (my winter project)

Peter attempting to conquer the broken road

Marc two tone's canti parted company with its mounting :facepalm: lucky I had a spare bolt :facepalm:

And finally, this had to be bike of the ride for me

Cheers

Stuart

Re:

Great pics chaps, looked like a great day out!

I must join you all on one of these rides sometime, lovely part of the world :cool:

Mike

Back