Retro Road bike, not sure what it is

badblood

Dirt Disciple
Hello guys, my name is Pete and I have been into bikes for as long as I can remember. I have recently volunteered in a charity Bike shop that refurbishes old bikes and sells them on. It employes socially disadvantaged people to help give them life skills and we have recently had the bike below donated and wondered if anyone recognised the frame type etc.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

As you can see, we also have an old Schwinn Cruiser that seems original apart from the Stem, does anyone know where we can get one? We are not going to Restore it, it is going to be a display bike.

Cheers Pete

P.S. I will share a little bit more about myself later ;-)[/img]

Looks like a mid 70's road bike. Frame and components supplied seperate, long prugnat lugs, nice fastback seat stays, longer style campag dropouts with no eyes, typical over the bottom bracket cable runs and annoying lack of braze ons........

Unless the frame number is something unique then I doubt if you will nail the builder.

Cheers

Shaun

Cheers Midlife, I was hoping to get my hands on it but it is going to be restored to a nice shiny state, those lugs need highlighting! i will see if there is a frame number next time I am in

Back