Retro on a budget. is it possible?

I reckon a 1997 Saracen Kili Team or Flyer can be found for £100 ish on eBay. Lovely rear wishbone, usually with front suspension (segmented rigid fork is rarer and commands more) and v brakes.

Not common but you'll see one appear every 2-3 months.

Ebay plus patience equals winning.
Search local for a collection only and play the game, might not win first time but I have bought decent, ready to roll bikes for sub £50 leaving space for tweaking and fixing.

Re:

Less well known brands are often good for a bargain, khs for instance, though they don't come up much. English brands too - saracen, claud butler, dawes, Raleigh etc, and not so few and far between

I see you're somewhere pretty remote which must make it harder, unless you're able to put in time and miles - bargains are usually collection only and postage is a big proportion anyway at that end of the market.

Good luck!

Re: Re:

jaypee":2tql9hie said:
English brands too - saracen, claud butler, dawes, Raleigh etc, and not so few and far between
This ^^^^ there are some cracking mid 90's bikes from raleigh (torus, early RSP bikes) and maybe something like the dawes edge, they usually go for not very much considering how good some of them actually are.

Unless someone on here spots it first, then you're stuffed ;)

Re:

Not quite under the ton (although price is discussable), and in froggy surrender-monkey-land, but this looks nice and tidy (the judys need new elastomers, though).

http://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/752197298.htm?ca=22_s

155feae5c0046e4550e02ad47a3f29645a8a5d12.jpg

The only real downside is that it's equipped with "gripshit" changers.

Back