Retro Kit

Speaking of shoes, I still have my SIDI's (Dominator I think?).....the ones I'm wearing here :cool:

Come to think of it, I still have that helmet, the Camelback headband (thats flapping out the back!) the gloves, socks and shades! :LOL:

Oh, and the Vetta saddle is now on my Pro-Flex ;)

Attachments

• 25 mile TT.JPG
    25 mile TT.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 1,462
Pickle":2mwxi4t1 said:
I still use my Bell 'The Pump' Razor helmet on a daily basis, that I got (IIRC) in 94.

I retired my Shimano M110 shoes last summer, after 15 years of faithful service. Sadly, they started to split plus the cleats were too worn to remove :(

I still wear some of my old Pro-Circuit race kit, especially the winter jacket......its bloody good quality :cool:

dscn2039_136.jpg

Seriously Pickle you may as well not bother wearing a helmet,the polystyrene degrades over time and an old helmet will offer virtually zero impact absorbtion.Not trying to be clever or funny,just worth thinking about.
I haven't got any old kit now,the mrs is a bugger for sending stuff to the charity shop,I had a Fat chance jersey for years finally got a Fat bike only to discover the jerseys long gone,doh :cry: I'm also a bugger for buying lots of new kit and she doesn't complain so its not all bad :D

oh yeah, forgot my original (complete) Camelbak & halfbak. Prefer bottles these days. Anyone want either for a fiver + post?
Also forgot my Karrimor KIMM-sac rucksac in (now very faded) lime green bought for Polaris Challenge 1993. Still used on my work commute.

Still got my original Bell Image, with period stickers! :cool:

only ever hit a bridge with it, lightly, shoulder got most of it. might wear it at next major meet, then again maybe thats not a good idea.

Still got my grey orange shorts from 'The Hair Team' shop def gonna wear them :D

Cheers guys.
This seems to be the common theme, wore out, binned it.
There must be NOS out there somewhere?
I'm still using an original Camelbak, and M-Frames.

I've seen so many pairs of SIDI Dominators being ridden in the last couple of weeks, I guess that proves the yellow plastic sole was harder than any dirt or rock it was ever walked on?

Scrat":34fq5c63 said:
I've seen so many pairs of SIDI Dominators being ridden in the last couple of weeks, I guess that proves the yellow plastic sole was harder than any dirt or rock it was ever walked on?

I believe, and I'm sure someone will know better, that the Dominators were constructed from a blend of armadillos and cockroaches to make them tough enough.

OLD WEAR

Err still got and wear regularly, mid 80's Cannondale Lycra shorts (they have been washed a couple of hundred times tho :D ) and some Specialized spd shoes, sport model from the 80's. first non-Shimano spd shoe you could buy I think.
Was also wearing a Lazer helmet up till last Summer from the early 90's ?(Gulp) Was told you are supposed to change a helmet every 3 years last year as the Poly foam goes brittle!) Stillg got some original Trek Gel Mitts that were £24 in 1990 and some full fingered GT team bmx gloves, from the same era, both still worn regularly.
Pace T shirt and some other Pace raceware.

Here is some of my older collection on bike gear.

Bell Image Pro Helmet + stickers....
Shimano SH-M120
Answer Gloves
Oakleys.....
GT Jerseys

Also have an original Camelback.....

All well used.

Attachments

• GT 2.jpg
    GT 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 822
  • Retro Shades.jpg