Retro fit Disc break adapters

Does your frame have a mount on the non-drive chain stay? - a little tab with 2 threaded holes in it 22mm apart? a bit like this Schwinn has: http://www.foromtb.com/attachment.php?a ... 1201199284

My '98 Trek does and the red a2z adaptor for the 'Hayes 22mm' mount (as it is known) probably WON'T fit your frame unless it is a very large frame. Though the adaptors that have a brace up to your existing V-brake mounts should work (but are big and IMO ugly).

If you want to fit disks to these mounts you really need a set of Hayes brakes with a 22mm mount and they are quite rare. I think Hope made a brake to fit these mounts too so you may get lucky.

Woodman also do an adaptor which is better thought out than the a2z in that it has an arm that clamps to a canti boss to help distribute the forces a disc brake applies to the frame. Bit weird looking though which might spoil the lines of your bike.

Woodman Components - Disco System

UK Importer is Greyville Enterprizes Ltd, Lichfield, Staffordshire
Phone 01543 251328
sales@greyville.com

Some shop was selling it in the UK for about £75 but I cannot remember who.

I have been running with a woodman disk mount for about 3 years and had no problems with it at all. Hope did one very briefly but dont any more. eBay is the answer if thats what you're after.

That looks like what I'm after Ti-pin-man.

Any idea where I'd get one. Have emailed the distributor but no joy yet.

Cheers For All your help.

Andy

Back