Rescued: It was on it's way to the tip, UPDATED 20/10/11

I see pannier mounts. That would make a great tourer or exhibition MTB, lugged frame it has the right tubes for it.

Spent this morning tinkering, it won't be to everyone's taste but I've only used parts bin randomness. The brakes it came with were down right scary :shock:

2011-10-20_13-54-10_588.jpg

2011-10-20_13-54-33_510.jpg

2011-10-20_13-53-37_556.jpg

2011-10-20_14-00-31_286.jpg

I had one of those brand new in about 94, by the time it left me i had changed the solid axles, for qr"s , stem, bars, seat post , bar ends and tyres ..oh and went over to clipless peddles , it was a great bike and never let me down ....and kept me up with my mates on there bikes that cost four times as much :D , sold it for £150 in 97 :)

I wish I had of weighed the whole bike before I dismantled it, it is a fair bit lighter, still no weight weenie obviously, but well over a lb off the cranks and the stem and bar that was on it could be used as an boat anchor :LOL:

Riding around the garden it feels quite comfortable, I'll get out for proper bimble along my nearest cycle track tomorrow :D

nice job!.....any bike looks better without the crappy plastic spoke protector behind the rear block too.....a safety net to cover poor set up if ever there was!....the world is a better place with that being used and not rotting in landfill.... :D

So... Went for a ride today on it, Errrm... yair, I like it :D she's a keeper :cool: I'll get her some new boots and she'll be used regularly on the family bimbles, over time she'll probably see some upgrades to in the form of hand-me-downs from other bikes.

Rescued + Cleaned up + Nice to ride = Job done :LOL:

Back