Replacement Elastomers for JOE MURRAY FUTURE SHOCK FORK

theador

Devout Dirtbag
Anybody know where you could get replacement elastomers for a set of Kona Joe Murray Future Shock forks?

I have seen people use industrial urethane rods as replacement for front suspension elastomers, and skateboard truck bushings in flex stems... If you can find the dimensions, it could just be a matter of trial and error to figure out what durometer (hardness) works best. Really excited to see your Future Shock, I have never seen any outside of the advertisement circulating the web. There's a reason for the scarcity:
"1992 - The Future Shock fork is introduced, a leading-link design by Joe Murray. In a very amicable agreement with Specialized, the name is changed to Z-Link. The fork is a total flop, is never safe to ride, and all stock is dumped into the Straight of San Juan de Fuca."
If you regularly ride the Explosif, maybe take it easy? future-shock-92.jpg Joe-Murray-Future-Shock-MBA-1992.jpg

I have seen people use industrial urethane rods as replacement for front suspension elastomers, and skateboard truck bushings in flex stems... If you can find the dimensions, it could just be a matter of trial and error to figure out what durometer (hardness) works best. Really excited to see your Future Shock, I have never seen any outside of the advertisement circulating the web. There's a reason for the scarcity:
"1992 - The Future Shock fork is introduced, a leading-link design by Joe Murray. In a very amicable agreement with Specialized, the name is changed to Z-Link. The fork is a total flop, is never safe to ride, and all stock is dumped into the Straight of San Juan de Fuca."
If you regularly ride the Explosif, maybe take it easy?View attachment 750238View attachment 750239
Oh wow! I wonder why they are 'never safe'? I don't regularly ride it, but did fancy using it for a bit of old skool XC.

I got the info from a for sale thread, they claimed it came via konaworld.com

I got the info from a for sale thread, they claimed it came via konaworld.com

Haha; not the best way to sell your forks :-D

Back