REMOVED

Re: Mountain Mayhem Race Jersey thread

RickTheUncivil":3q1miany said:
Although I do like the idea of name across the back to personalise I'm not sure the team names actually mean anything.
Last I looked the holding names were the Judean Peoples Front, The Peoples Front of Judea etc.

I'd say something on there (as you have already with the MM logo) to make is clear that this is an event top and leave it there. Less is more, sort of thing.
I second that.

RickTheUncivil":13femczt said:
Although I do like the idea of name across the back to personalise I'm not sure the team names actually mean anything.
Last I looked the holding names were the Judean Peoples Front, The Peoples Front of Judea etc.

I'd say something on there (as you have already with the MM logo) to make is clear that this is an event top and leave it there. Less is more, sort of thing.

Don’t forget the ‘Popular front of Judea’ Reg.

He’s over there.....splitter....

Can’t forget my Rb team Norfolk n good from 2009 ( or was it 2010 ,was a bit pished on pimms)

PeachyPM":1ma9puj9 said:
Not knocking the idea of putting team names on the shirts... that could be cool.
Just imagining the conversation;

Kid “why you called Team Retrobates?”

Me “‘cause we’re old and a bit naughty - although we do have stuff like full time jobs, mortgages, family responsibilities and basically law abiding members of the community”

Kid “okay............”
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

RickTheUncivil":1ma9puj9 said:

That's understandable and riders' name, with or without team name, or Instagram/Twitter @name or #hashtag, are all optional - and I think you mentioned "less is more" once before, so I've got a special one just for you (and Cloister)... :LOL:

Attachments

• Artboard 1RICK.jpg
    Artboard 1RICK.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 647

Had no input other than steadfast 'noes' regarding team names, and originally thinking of having them written up the sides, I've abandoned that idea.

SOrry, I don't get the reference to "he's over there, splitter" and I think the Judean Front reference should not go on there, although I was previously keen to put a latin phrase on per Peachy/THM's suggestion, meaning "modernists go home" i don't think anyone will get it even if it's explained.

If the following design gets a unanimous thumbs up from those intending to buy one, I'll get an Order Thread up.

Final iteration:

Since last design...
• I've removed the INFLATE HERE and SECRET COMPARTMENT graphics from the side panels. They're way too cartoony and I'm not Jo Burt, so...

But this has all been changed for the better:
• Flowers (Mint Sauce style) added to grassy areas
• MBOK added above Mint on left sleeves (like MBUK, but OK instead)
• Mint has had a little facelift - I've given him a smile and reduced eyes' size.
• THM's quote is added to collar, which will be printed on the back, so the outside, of the collar. (Inside collar has a little joke reference, and my company names plus MADE IN BRITAIN.)
• Arm skin is now Simpsons' yellow, with the Duff Beer logo on the watch face BUT I have also rendered the Lidl Duff Beer logo, and I think this is better and more in keeping with the Mayhem event and Retro Spud's theme, plus it's really not anything to do with Homer Simpson. (The original Simpsons' Duff watch I drew can be seen here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=392284&start=110#p2927745
• Fixed alignment of logos on sleeves
• Fixed RB logos on sleeves - removed web address becasue it's so small, colours may bleed on print
• Amended other logos for size, colour, positioning

+ There will be a separate garment tag with care instructions/size sewn onto the jerseys.

++ NAME on rear (where it clearly says "YOUR NAME (OPTIONAL)" is, as it says, optional, but will be in the font displayed. If you'd liek a preview of your intended name/slogan/ Twitter/Instagram @name or #hashtag, or whatever, PM me and I'll knock up a preview and send to you. Names will be added FREE OF CHARGE.

Any objections to any of the design (such that you wouldn't buy one or wear one unless something was removed or changed) please let me know. And same thing for any last minute MUST HAVE graphics you can think of adding, but I'm constantly reminded of Rick The Uncivil's mantra of "less is more" and I think we're now onto a winner.

(Best viewed by downloading the image from my Flickr. Click below then Save As (to PC) or Save Image (to cameraroll) and view/zoom/scroll from there).
678M08 by Regan1978, on Flickr

Thumbs up..... you just need to watch the Life of Brian again, essential Easter Sunday viewing in our house....

Back