Reloved Zaskar.

Re: Re:

Jowhite":1znzq45l said:
Sorry. Only looked on one side. Yep found it.
11 965298
16 (underneath the top numbers)

November 96 ?

Which would fit with it being a 97 model for Europe, however I’m only guessing so take the above with a large pinch of salt.

Glad to here it’s hit the open road/dirt again and you’ve ridden it :D

Late 96 or early 97 then. I did the research when I had one a couple of years ago. First four month and year like mr potato says.

Re:

Thank you guys that's fits in around when I first remember him getting it.

Is the frame size incorporated into those numbers?

Re:

16” would fit like 18” in most other brands, because Gt measure the seat tube centre bb to centre top tube rather than centre of the bb right upto the seat clamp. They do tend to be a bit shorter though, which is why people like me with stubby arms like them :LOL:

November 96 should make it a 97 model. most zaskar frames made after august (or there abouts) tend to be for the following year’s model (but not always)

Re: Re:

Jowhite":3qxc9z86 said:
Hi Sean.
Many thanks for the reply.
We did 35 very wet and muddy miles together today on the trans pennine trail supporting some friends running an Ultra. Had an absolute blast on her and yes what I did throw at her she just ploughed on through it.
Had a couple of chain issues when I dropped to the smaller front ring where it got jammed but flipped over and unstuck it so need to speak the the bike shop about that.
Yes there is a number on her. It 1606.
What a fab first dirty muddy day we had a loved lol.

Sounds like you had a good ride! It could just be a stop screw allowing the chain to slip off the small ring, if the other two rings are shifting fine. will only be a minor adjustment. Its often worth learning a bit of basic maintenance so you can do little tweeks like these at home or on the trail :)

ive found personally that those chainstay mounted tensioners dont work very well, and the chain stays on better without them. Other people may however have had different experiences with them though.

Back