Red steel frame..Coloured components? keep it simple? RAT!?

Yes if you're going rat it has to be crappy mat black. i have and explosif like that. or Naked and rusty, but both are too harsh for your new frame IMHO.

Re:

If you can get the colour changed cheap then do it.I definitely wouldn't let it rust i don't think that's a good idea rust is your biggest enemy with steel!

Re:

Ok ok Kyle you win!

It's gone! :LOL:

I wasn't loving the colour, it just didn't quite do it for me. I couldn't be bothered to go down the re-spray route, the rusty rat idea was 99% never going to happen and I couldn't really imagine it looking good with the parts I have to go on. :facepalm:

So, where has it gone? ...well, a good mate of mine offered me a trade for a mint cotic bfe ...after a bit of gentle persuasion! The great thing is, this beast is gritstone black so all the black/silver bits I have will look nice and clean....it also has the sparkly gold reflective decals so this will pick up nicely with my renthal bars :cool:

Secondly I was the original owner of the bfe and he had it off me when I was in desperate need to try a 29er out in the winter of 2012.... The bfe has sat in the back of his parents garage pretty much ever since! He's a bit of a roadie/klunker rider - I expect his mrs will have the dialled!

I regretted selling the bfe when I did so it's nice to have it back... Keep out an eye in the 98 section for a build thread soon - anyone with a red frame facing the same dilemma please feel free to hijack this :LOL:

Re:

Holy shit what was that like a week?? Anyone have a week in the sweepstake??
Twist ending man twist ending! :LOL:

Re:

You gotta love a rat! :shock:

:shock: :shock:

Attachments

• GarFish Easter present !.jpg
    GarFish Easter present !.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 518
I love that rat look! ...do you treat it with anything? Ive heard that linseed oil sets hard and can act as a protective barrier...

Back