Recovered saddle

the rails are actually a bit bent on the one i've recovered, but it's going on my SS in ther long term so short rides only

here's my first effort inspired by andy.l's excellent work. It's an Avocet from a '90 Cinder Cone. I used vinyl flooring adhesive which just gets stickier over the first 15 minutes meaning you can continue wagglling the leather around - handy when it has a vaguely S&M seam down the middle - and made sticking the underside easy too. Came out better than I thought apart from the tricky nose area!

before:
6128_138791976170_586536170_3726445_1730571_n.jpg

... and after:
6128_138792021170_586536170_3726449_3520467_n.jpg

Agency_Scum":18jesm6f said:
Right, I've got some knackered old Flites. Now to find some maroon leather.....and maybe some purple too!

in the process of having a go with two flites

the tricky part is actually to find a suitable piece of leather !

it should not be too thick (so the front and sides are easier ) but not too supple too so that no creases are created.

managed to find a couple of pieces ( one of which creamy white perforated :cool: perfect for the breezer lightning)

my brother told me he had some pieces coming from the "hermes" factory - but he can't find them in his mess :? that would be flashy : an hermes leather recovered flite :cool:

the flooring glue trick is good as "neoprene" now is mostly immediate contact and you can't correct.

Will post picture when done :)

crikey I still haven't got round to those saddles, I was thinking bookbinding leather. I actually bought some (wrong size :oops: ) anyway it was 1mm and seemed quite thick.

Back