Recommend me: wide cruiser/ backswept handlebars please :D

Spudalumps

Senior Retro Guru
I recently bought a front bike seat for my little one (Thule Mini Yepp) and the angles on my Zaskar just have me leaning over the baby so looking to wang some cruiser/ backswept style bars on there so the position is more upright and I don't lean over the little one. Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

Unfortunately you're not the only one. Had the same issue with a Bobike, and also had to pedal with the knees out which was very uncomfortable. A tall stem to mount the seat bracket as high as possible and a riser bar will help. Basically those seats are designed for Dutch bikes but nobody tells you when buying... So the closer your setup to a Dutch bike the better...

Rear seats make it really hard to mount panniers.

Another issue I had was with child trailers. Unless you run mudguards AND long mudflaps, your kid will be covered in dirt. But you won't see any of that on the cool daddy's Instagram accounts...

On-One Mary is a good start....or a highrise stem.

I hated child seats on the bike and went to a trailer. Provided it's one with a front roll-down plastic screen then it's no problem with mud.

the Nitto Albatross is a classic. Rivendell, Soma Fabrication and Velo Orange all carry various swept back alt bars in 25.4 and 26.0 clamp sizes.

Is this a top tube mounted seat? as my friend ruined an avalanche frame with one, it creased into the top tube in use, as of course its the thinnest part of the tube I believe.. he bought a replacement zaskar frame, ignore if daft but just a concern that lightweight race tubesets are not designed for anything pinch mounted he still cringes 15 yrs later if i mention it, as the avalanche he had off me and it was the love of his life prior to the child that sat on the top tube and ruined it!

Is this a top tube mounted seat? as my friend ruined an avalanche frame with one, it creased into the top tube in use, as of course its the thinnest part of the tube I believe.. he bought a replacement zaskar frame, ignore if daft but just a concern that lightweight race tubesets are not designed for anything pinch mounted he still cringes 15 yrs later if i mention it, as the avalanche he had off me and it was the love of his life prior to the child that sat on the top tube and ruined it!
Oh no! That’s awful, this one mounts onto the steer tube of the fork it’s really neat I’ll make sure to get a picture of it when I finally get it working :p

Back