Rebuilding GT rts-1

sparkiegaz":16c2ysww said:
This is pretty neat bike feller, love the front forks , race line brakes deff look good

Guys & girls,

I need your opinion regarding the brakes for this bike.
Of course I can mount the Racelines which would look okay with the neon yellow decals.
But I am still not sure, considering if Onza HO or any other brakes would be more beautiful :shock: :shock:

So please, if you have any alternative (not Shimano or Campagnolo ;) ) please let me see! Maybe some black or natural coloured V brakes ? I would love to see your opinion!

I had a pair of Paul's stoplite's on mine in silver but have just swapped to m900 xtr canti's.

I would have liked some grafton speed controllers in black though.

I have the XTR 951 V's mounted on mine. The look ok. But they are not time correct. It is wrong somehow, to mount V brakes onto a frame that was intended for cantis. I mounted them, because I am missing the canti mechanic thingy on my frame.

Neon Maguras would be best imho. They fit the colour of the decals and they are the best brakes in the world anyhow :LOL:

I have some Onza HO's mounted on my RTS. But they don't stop you very well :) Racelines will do 100x better. I'm thinking of swapping the HOs to something else.

Thank you guys, I will keep the Racelines for this project.

I think the 2nd rts-1 will be almost originally with Rockshox and XTR.

Hi again,

Today I wanted to take a closer look at the rocker suspension of my 1992 GT rts-1.
I am not so happy and just wanted to know if I can buy a replacement rocker.
As you can see, mine has some wear....
Foto800-SV8ZTM6R.jpg

Foto800-HLOZDUMD.jpg

Foto800-I47Z4B3S.jpg

Back