Rebuilding GT rts-1

Didn't gt sell the rts-1 as a frameset in 92? #edit just checked the archive it was a frameset and full bike from 93#

Jan I think the decals are original just the black outline colour has faded over the years.

I have an XTR M901 Tp in 31.8 that was for my now sold RTS...

It took me 5 mechs to find one I was happy with and it's yours for £40 plus postage!

Re:

Sounds great Boxxer, I will come back to you soon.

Today I received a little present I bought for myself....

Foto800-S67K38T6.jpg

Still searching for the Controltech Ahead stem and seatpost in silver.
The Stem will not be the problem, but is the Controltech silver Seatpost available in 26.8 or 27.0 mm ??

And now I am wondering which brakes I should mount....Magura neon yellow raceline or a new set of Onza HO ??
Any suggestions ??

Seatpost is a 26.8mm (mine is)

I have just changed my brakes from Paul's stoplite's to m900 xtr.

If I were you I would go with the Magura race lines.

Re:

Yes I think so too.
The Magura Raceline really fits perfectly with the GT bike ( I know because my first rts-1 has also the Raceline).

Because originally it was equipped with Controltech I did choose the Lawwill Leader 3 for the front. So this is why I want also the stem and seatpost from Controltech. This seems to be a problem because I cannot find a silver retro seatpost 26.8mm....

Hey! Another RTS build. I am currently on the same train... Thow mine is a 94 model :D
A lawill in a rts - interesting.
Will be watching.

Today with a little bit of progress.
Definately the silver parts will be left out, and turn into black.
So the green Chris King headset will be changed for a black one, there will be black seatpost and stem from Controltech combined with neon yellow Magura Raceline.
I still not decided yet what kind of crankset I shall mount, black or silver one and which retro one ??
Any suggestions ? Please feel free to comment ;)
Foto800-BTM7KZZZ.jpg

Foto800-EVXWUCJ6.jpg
Foto800-SW7ROWA6.jpg

Looks good from here!

The black parts are the way to go in my opinion,have you managed too get a new shock?
And I like the pulstar front hub!

Back