Readers MTBs 1998 onwards ??????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does position on the forum page have any relevance????? :eek:

Wondering why the date split is a problem all of a sudden??

It's been like that for a while hasn't it?

It's been split for 2 years or so hasn't it? I was thinking the same, why the grief now :?

There is another option maybe John, if there was a single "readers bikes" forum followed by two sub forums? Not that i'm in favour of that, just a thought.

The only reason the debate has raised its head again is because the section has been moved, and someone asked where it was now, please read first question. Then being reletively new here I was interested in why it was split in the first place and why 98, having got a 98 frame myself, so there is no real problem just interest :D

kermitgreenkona88":3s9a85gc said:
please read first question
First question was read.. since it'd been answered, went on to 2nd question.
Please refer to logic.

The 'split' question has been raised, addressed, and put to bed numerous times..
Please refer to search engine.

And in a fair and open forum, it can be raised as many times as is necessary, it should never be 'put to bed' as you say. This is a place for discussion and learning, I sought to enhance my knowledge, if that is a crime in your eyes then so be it. I just ask if this site manages to last 10-15 or more years will the split always remain the same or has it 'been put to bed' too :?:

If the depth of your desire for knowledge is why, for the purposes of this forum, the split in years is set how it is then that's a bit of a shame.

Personally I feel it is a bit disrespectful toward the man who pays the bills to raise this particular line of questioning without at least having a fair crack at finding what you seek via the search facility.

Of course not sweetheart..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

p.s. Having run a forum for the last 6 years and frequented them for close to 10... I think your presumption somewhat foolish.

No surprises there :LOL:

I too am out of this..

As someone once said.

Canti brakes, rigid forks, quill stems and skinwall tyres are the cornerstones of retro

I don't think old necessarily constitutes retro. 96/97 is quite a defining period though, a lot of things changed most notably the introduction of v-brakes on to mainstream bikes was quite sweeping (nobody wanted to be seen with cantis), suspension technology leaped forward, skinwall tyres were fast becoming unfashionable, the downhill scene took off. As to the question of the future of RB and the 98 split... may be other splits such as 98 to 08 will happen....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back