Re Rigid Titanium forks

dezza

Retro Guru
Hello,
Please could anyone kindly advise ?
I am looking to buy a set of rigid titanium front forks for my titanium on one 26" bike.
The bike is currently running a Fox Talas 4-6"/160 mm travel fork.
I would please welcome suggestions as to the issue of suspension corrected and what I require in terms of suitability.
I have seen some Chinese forks on ebay which I think are suitable for 100mm of travel.
Thank you,
Regards,
Steve.

Thank you, yes the same company. The thing is I wonder if they would fit the frame which currently has a front suspension .
Regards,
Steve

They make various axle to crown Lenghts so they should have something for you I cant vouch for how strong they are much as I only ride on road with them.

Mine ate 42.5 axle to crown which is roughly a 80mm travel fork I think

So for 100mm travel you would want something 440mm axle to crown at a guess

Re:

If your current frame is designed for a 160mm fork. 100mm rigid is quite a drop isn't it? I'm in I similar position trying to decide if running a 140mm suspension fork on a frame (on one ti 29er) designed for 120mm is I good idea or not.

Advice I've read so far suggests running a longer fork slackens the ride and on a 29er, not sure that's a good thing, as I'd assume it would be less responsive in the handling department as a result. Going shorter would make handling more responsive, perhaps too much and be a bit twitchy? I'm no pro, recreational rider at best so probably wouldn't notice, but can only assume it would be similar to under and over steer on a car.

Measure the a2c of the current sus fork and then measure your sag.

Subtract one from tother and look for a rigid fork that matches.

dezza":1n0qi3ef said:
Please what is SAG.
Potato based Indian dish. The more you eat, the more your suspension forks will compress under your weight.

For forks to uncompress when you go over holes, you need a bit of sag. Many rs forks have sag measurements on the air side stantion and an o-ring you can slide down to the wiper seals allowing you to easily measure it.

Thank you for all the comments.
I'm feeling a bit of a numpty as all I want is a pair of carbon or titanium forks to fit my bike.
I guess a bit bamboozled by the techno.
There are some on ebay which refer to 100-140+
Regards,
Steve

Back