Wanted A reasonable rigid fork

corpuschain

Dirt Disciple
Hey folks, I'm looking for a rigid 26" fork with 1 1/8" steerer.

I'm asking because I've tried looking on ebay and don't really know what to search for, apart from Project 2.

So if you have a fork to sell, I might be interested. Nothing expensive, but not a generic chinese fork either. Just something sensibly decent to go on my Merlin Malt!

Oh yeah, no "mimics a long travel suspension fork" types, and must have V-brake mounts.

And if you have suggestions of what I can search for on eBay, that would be helpful too!

Thanks!

You want a 700c for for a Merlin malt surely?

Should be a few available id think.

You'll need an thread less fork too.

Or you could go carbon as the bike was designed?

Erm... it's a mountain bike. Not sure what you're referring to, but it's not my bike!
Thanks for trying to help though.

Merlin malt is 26", but might be 395mm or 425mm geometry set up depends on the year and if it has suspension forks to start with?

Also, you looking for threaded or ahead?

Last edited:
Merlin malt is 26", but might be 395mm or 425mm geometry set up depends on the year and if it has suspension forks to start with?

Also, you looking for threaded or ahead?
Oh right. This is not something I was aware of (Sorry Jamesbike).
I have a 80mm-ish sus fork on at the moment, and the head angle is too slack, so that's one reason I would like to switch to rigid.
I don't know much about the history of the frame, so I just have to go on what it feels like at the moment, and I'm pretty sure a standard MTB rigid fork will be the best match, handling-wise.

Good search terms would be "Tange" and "Spinner". They provided a lot of rigid forks to various bike manufacturers.
Good luck!

Back