RBotM September 2020 -- Fancy lugs - Poll UP - VOTE NOW!!!!

RBotM September 2020 - Fancy Lugs

• Gridno - Altec Carbone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesper - Crescent Nervex Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • toby1974 - Pegoretti Luignino

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Spokesmann - Carlton Catalina - Cappella

• bagpuss - Carlton International

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to Septembers poll for RBotM Fancy Lugs theme month!

It was a bit lean on entries compared to how I imagined it, but none the less, we have some really beautiful style lugs and some exquisite craftmanship to choose from.

Similar to past months I think there will be some tough decisions to be made.
Good luck to all and thanks to all for joining in and also to anyone who pops their head in to see whats going on, all appreciated. We have a lot of new members over the summer so hopefully as the colder weather comes in there might be a bit of time to join in the monthly comp.

Usual rules apply, basically 1 vote per member, poll runs for 5 days, results are hidden until the end of voting.
For new members you need a post count of 30 I am told before you can vote. Not my decision, it's the robot overlords who decide ;)

Jamie

Gridno - Altec Carbone
gridno27 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jesper - Crescent Nervex Pro
Jesper by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

toby1974 - Pegoretti Luignino
toby1974PegorettiLuigino by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Spokesmann - Carlton Catalina - Cappella
SpokesmannCarltonCatalina by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

bagpuss - Carlton International
bagpussCarltonInternational by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Attachments

• shootout.jpg
    shootout.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,266
I think seen as how these three garnered all the votes anyway, that it will be declared as three equal winners for this months competition.
Well done to all three!
Thanks to all who entered and voted.

Jamie

:| How Bagpuss's International with it's glorious, well balanced, well placed, detailed and accurately positioned lugs didn’t romp home with 12 votes I have no idea……..

Cripes that's a turn up for the plus fours and I'm glad I wasn't the final casting vote, I think I was 10th or 11th of the 12

Re:

Sorry, I couldn't vote and thus did not scrutinize the entries; but I believe I'd have broken the tie with a vote for one of the Carltons. They both look great above and beyond the lugs themselves; nice job folks!

Re:

Three way split :D
Thank you to all and to Jamie for keeping my interest going in classic bikes with this thread .

I have a bit of a fettish for nice lug work . This is my other Carlton International I purchased way back in 2006/7 . It is a 1963/4 built frame .All the front lug work is chromed .

Head stock lug work on Carlton International Circ 1963/4 by rebalrid, on Flickr

This one was at the York rally back in 2008. The lug work on the front forks is lovely
York Rally 2008 by rebalrid, on Flickr

"Carlton" painted rear seat stay ! I have never seen this on any other Carlton frame .
I do not think it is embossed lettering .

Latest posts

Back