RBotM September 2019 - Voting Now Open!!!! Vote Now!!!

RBotM September 2019

• toby1974 - 1996 Eddy Merckx MX Leader

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • dutchie - 1978 Gitane Criterium

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Lackluster - 1984Raleigh Record Sprint

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • JSH - Brian Rourke

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • OldTel - 1912 Continental

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • bagpuss Mercian King of Mercia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I am sure that everyone will join me in saying many Congratulations to OldTel for taking out a convincing win with his 1912 Continental!
Very well done, that was a large percentage of the votes from a very competitive field. The old ones are always well received in this comp :)

Many thanks to all who entered, voted and those who supplied the banter, always appreciated.

Jamie

Re:

Good show chaps all nice machines .
A landslide win , for Old Tels Continental . My Mercian was out classed by every other bike on show . I will get in the broom wagon .
Well done to all.

Re:

Hi, A big thank you to all who voted for my lovely old bike, just some background, I bought it at a jumble last year, for the price of a mediocre Ephgrave frame, so they can still be found. Dating it was simple as there was a 1914 and a 1910 Continental on the tonton velo forum, and this sat in between the two serial numbers, it also had no slots in the front dropouts, just holes, pointing to pre WW1. All the components appear to be period, except the rear brake, which looks 20/30's. It was in 'barn find' condition, the grease had turned into a carbon like substance but with care and time everything came off ( headset took weeks of soaking ), and was reassembled and greased. The wheels are big, which makes the bike look smaller than it is, the tyres ( 700A ) can be bought, but not in this country. Thanks again, it may have its first public ride at The Boot in the spring. Thanks Terry

Congrats to OldTel. Great win. Also to other competitors. My Gitane Criterium hereby for sale. You can come and get it for a realistic bid. In The Netherlands.

Rod_Saetan":232lomj5 said:
dutchie":232lomj5 said:
My Gitane Criterium hereby for sale. You can come and get it for a realistic bid. In The Netherlands.

Seems to be a theme with your BOTM entries...

You must be a follower... :LOL: But indeed, I do like (re)building old bikes. But I can better store them as (digital) pictures rather than complete bikes. One (retro) bike is enough te posses.

Back