RBotM September 2019 - Voting Now Open!!!! Vote Now!!!

RBotM September 2019

• toby1974 - 1996 Eddy Merckx MX Leader

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • dutchie - 1978 Gitane Criterium

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Lackluster - 1984Raleigh Record Sprint

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • JSH - Brian Rourke

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • OldTel - 1912 Continental

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • bagpuss Mercian King of Mercia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to another steller month of RBotM competition!

We have a really lovely lineup of entrants this month and it will definitely be hard to pick a winner from this group.

Thanks to all who entered and also to those who keep it going with their support, much appreciated.
Usual rules in that 1 vote per member, poll runs for 5 days with results hidden until the end.

Jamie

Now on with the entries:
toby1974 - 1996 Eddy Merckx MX Leader
toby1974EddieMerckxMXLeader by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

dutchie - 1978 Gitane Criterium
dutchie1978GitaneGranCriterium by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Lackluster - 1984Raleigh Record Sprint
Lackluster84RaleighRecordSprint by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

JSH - Brian Rourke
JSHBrianRourke by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

OldTel - 1912 Continental
OldTelContinental1912 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

bagpuss Mercian King of Mercia
bagpussKingOfMercia by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I just can’t get over how box fresh Lackies Sprint is..... absolutely stunning bike.

Yeah, but look at those inviting angles of OldTels Continental :) Looks like you could roll it out and do a couple of hundred kilometres very comfortably :)

Jamie

Re:

1912 Continental for me although I question the backwards toe clip.... :shock:

Much as I now love my garage find , and yes it’s both great to look at and to ride. I really like OldTels Continental, the fork angle to the frame, the bars and brakes have a true Post Edwardian look about them. I’d like to take it for a spin, but think I might have to break my ankle ‘ouch’ to fit the right toe clip.

Lackluster":32dkzvg1 said:
Much as I now love my garage find , and yes it’s both great to look at and to ride. I really like OldTels Continental, the fork angle to the frame, the bars and brakes have a true Post Edwardian look about them. I’d like to take it for a spin, but think I might have to break my ankle ‘ouch’ to fit the right toe clip.

Just been bolted upside down or back to front :) I think with regards to the toe clip.. :?: anyway it’s a class machine for it’s age

I am not very knowledgeable about old road bikes, but that 1912 Continental just looks so inviting to ride, love it :cool:

mk one":2lr8eoh3 said:
I am not very knowledgeable about old road bikes, but that 1912 Continental just looks so inviting to ride, love it :cool:

It so does ^^. and that Record Sprint is the Bike I wanted back in the day and ended up with a Winner (nice enough bike but not what I wanted)

Back