rBoTM September 2014 - Nominations please!!!

Re:

Hahah I agree but when they do a retro bike themed car of the month then we can nominate the cortina :)

Re: Re:

jules_b":d5mwee44 said:
Hahah I agree but when they do a retro bike themed car of the month then we can nominate the cortina :)
Are you tempted by a new Holdsworth like the ones on the roof rack?? Look cracking.

Re:

I have been tempted before to be honest... but mine probably cost half the price to build and I definitely know what I would prefer...If money was no object I would definitely have it in my collection though.

Re:

You would need a pair of flared trousers to go with the Cortina :facepalm: :cool:

Very Strong Month . Loads of cracking machines

Thank you very much AndyMart and Jules :)

I to would like to put my bike into the running:

1989 Peugeot 753 in Team Z colours, full restoration inc paint and decals. Full Shimano 600 Ultegra Groupset apart from seat post which is Record C and pedals which are look. Polished Cinelli Stem, Rolls Saddle, Mavic 4CD Rims, Hi-lite Tyres and the all important Avocet Period computer.

Build thread here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=297552&start=20

well i am going to enter my 80's Ian May mainly as i still think its a great bike and deserves some recognition .

Its not obvious from picture but built with aero profile tubes

Attachments

• may6.jpg
    may6.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 397
Matt_wood55":37j1crrz said:
jules_b":37j1crrz said:
Can i nominate my Holdsworth Super Mistral 1967

I have properly finished this bike this year just before Eroica and I am very proud of it. I had put this on a while back (I think a year ago) but for some reason the rBoTM for that month disapeared before the vote. I built this and restored this from the ground up, put it up for sale, got stolen, bought it back and decided it was a keeper. I have done 100s of miles on it including 2 3-day cycling trips, Eroica, daily commutes and it has never skipped a beat. Love it!! :)

Build Thread - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=296828

14152355728_e5219b66df_k.jpg

14313935009_20589d51ab_k.jpg
Love the bike, but the Cortina is something else!!

+1

Mike

Back