rBoTM September 2014 - Nominations please!!!

Re: Re:

theproscloset":gcfds98g said:
Can a bike be for sale and entered in the competition?

That would be dishonest.

I once wanted to enter a friend's bicycle* - he owned it and wasn't a trader - that wasn't allowed.

Rk.

*old timer who did not have web access.

Re: Re:

theproscloset":3gjjuuae said:
So as nice as Matt's Mercian is, it wouldn't be eligible since it is for sale correct?
I don't see a problem. He is the owner.... well he is as long as it hasn't changed ownership while voting occurs.
What is the difference between this and putting up for the sale the week after. One doesn't have to own a winning bike forever

Just pulled up the BoTM rule book to double check my memory:

8. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. If the bike is sold prior to or during the contest it will become ineligible.

9. Bike's which are currently advertised for sale are not eligible.

Re:

"I once wanted to enter a friend's bicycle...”

Call me prudish, but that's a level of retro bike appreciation that's probably best kept private!

theproscloset":3fflb156 said:

8. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. If the bike is sold prior to or during the contest it will become ineligible.

Hello, sorry about that. I have never read the rules.

The bike is no longer for sale. I didn't really want to sell it anyway, it was the missus who put pressure on me to downsize the fleet. I will ask the Mods to delete the for sale thread as I can't seem to do it myself.

Cheers

Matt_wood55":hdf6qat0 said:
theproscloset":hdf6qat0 said:

Hello, sorry about that. I have never read the rules.

The bike is no longer for sale. I didn't really want to sell it anyway, it was the missus who put pressure on me to downsize the fleet. I will ask the Mods to delete the for sale thread as I can't seem to do it myself.

Cheers

Good tactic - "I can't sell it, I'm odds on to win RBOTM".

It will get my vote.

Mark.

Can i nominate my Holdsworth Super Mistral 1967

I have finally completed this bike this year just before Eroica and I am very proud of it. I had put this on a while back (I think a year ago) but for some reason the rBoTM for that month disapeared before the vote. I built this and restored this from the ground up, put it up for sale, got stolen, bought it back and decided it was a keeper. I have done 100s of miles on it including 2 3-day cycling trips, Eroica, daily commutes and it has never skipped a beat. Love it!! :)

Build Thread - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=296828

14152355728_e5219b66df_k.jpg

14313935009_20589d51ab_k.jpg

jules_b":g35jm5tf said:
Can i nominate my Holdsworth Super Mistral 1967

I have properly finished this bike this year just before Eroica and I am very proud of it. I had put this on a while back (I think a year ago) but for some reason the rBoTM for that month disapeared before the vote. I built this and restored this from the ground up, put it up for sale, got stolen, bought it back and decided it was a keeper. I have done 100s of miles on it including 2 3-day cycling trips, Eroica, daily commutes and it has never skipped a beat. Love it!! :)

Build Thread - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=296828

14152355728_e5219b66df_k.jpg

14313935009_20589d51ab_k.jpg
Love the bike, but the Cortina is something else!!

Back