rBoTM November 2013 - Nominations Please!!!

I agree with Ed, this is a truly stunning line up so far and then comes the Tommasini.
The months not even half over and its hard decision time.

Jamie

The handle bar tape needs re-doing on the Tommasini. Very nicely built bike though and I like the green wheel guide ends and green sidewall tubs.

bugloss":264ds2cv said:
The handle bar tape needs re-doing on the Tommasini. Very nicely built bike though and I like the green wheel guide ends and green sidewall tubs.

If we are looking at details those are non aero hoods ? or they are missing the wee grommet to plug the hole.

Wish I could get something looking as good as any of these tho'

bikenut2010":2xzvth0y said:
If we are looking at details those are non aero hoods ?

There's no hole in the hoods, just the perspective I think. No reason to suppose that they're not original. I picked them up from the great Nigel at CampyOldy NOS but dirty - cleaned up nicely with some Brasso of all things

gavr":2srpjxyx said:
bikenut2010":2srpjxyx said:
If we are looking at details those are non aero hoods ?

There's no hole in the hoods, just the perspective I think. No reason to suppose that they're not original. I picked them up from the great Nigel at CampyOldy NOS but dirty - cleaned up nicely with some Brasso of all things
Blimey, Brasso! That's a good tip!

I was comparing to mine that have a little removable domed plug at the top...you could run aero or non aero depending on preference. ( excuse the poor photo...)

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 300
bikenut2010":371eo558 said:
Blimey, Brasso! That's a good tip!

The liquid stuff in the can - 'buy it or knick it from Woolies...' etc. Great at dissolving grease, with a bit of abrasive for good measure

Bianchi Campione del Mondo 1955
10207934544_5b8c8a461f_z.jpg

10208414744_8ea15b4f86_z.jpg

Back