• bikenut2010's 1989 Dazzani

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • gitane el's GITANE TEAM PRO

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nob":1oqj7wdl said:
I prefer Latex....... :)
I've seen your pictures Nob! Some right sexy ones too!

Could there be a thread made which titles 'Men Only sexy woman on bikes'! Got to be a push bike on every photo though :D

Well each time I remember to come back to this thread and catch up it has become something different. Didn’t foresee the excursion into ‘cheesecake’ though!

Anyway, thought I’d offer a slight apology as I think I was the first to brush the topic of what the trend for rBOTM winners is.

Cheesedisease":1ifm0wzy said:
So, well done to Ian. I felt momentum may be with you. And looking at old rBOTMs, I don't think anything pre 1970 AND not Italian has ever one. (Spokesman's '75 Carlton comes closest) That duck needs broken! So at least it was a Raleigh. Not meant in any xenophobic way, I just get tired of the Italian obsession.
I merely meant it in a curious way. I was wondering why early Italian bikes of the 40s / 50s are so popular here compared to our own Classic Lightweights. Whether it was an exoticism, or a greater rarity, or maybe just as they're less seen, less familiar? I certainly was not ascribing ignorance upon anyone, or criticism, regarding our own cycling history. So, sure, my personal preferences would love to see these machines cherished, but no snobbery intended. I'm no expert on topic classic/vintage/retro bikes, nor close to being around in the '50s! I certainly don’t give a hoot what someone rides, or the where, why, how, or when they acquired it (theft aside!). I don't even mind all the arguing, if it refrains from the personal, it's just different people's thoughts and preferences. Can be fun, and shows a little (if slightly pedantic!) passion.

bugloss":28fk8lau said:
The Matinée will start shortly.
Really? Did I say something contentious? I was entirely trying to express the opposite! I thought the bickering over what's a valid bike was silly. Was just saying sorry for helping light the fire of all the sniping.

It was in response to the popcorn comment by bagpuss and nothing about what you said at all. I should start quoting. :roll:

Infact cheesedisease none of your previous comments on this thread were seen as inflammatory.

road rider1":1zz061ui said:
Been looking through the posts/replies and this catch's my eye and makes me not want to post on this forum anymore.

roadking":1zz061ui said:
I'm all for eclecticism, but let's have more quality hand made British steel with a back story and no more auction purchases or, I wanted one of these when I was 12, grey porridge.
Being new to the retro biking scene and having got a nice bike off ebay and wanted a racer like my dads from when I was nine years old, you are basically telling guys like me to f-off as you don't want to hear or see pictures of my new racer, despite it being cheap but nice! to me RoadKing your posts incite a really bully-boy attitude and reminds me of a few teachers from school who loves to give out orders and dish out words I've never heard of! Was you ever a school teacher or head-master ?

I for one was a TI Raleigh window licker back in the day. I only have road eyes for them really. Keep posting and sharing nostalgic tales of lust and wanting.

Closest I've got. At present.........
386323b3404901d2d514d2f2a3c65a8f_zpsfc012710.jpg

Thanks spokesman I hope you don't mind me using it, it made me chuckle.

There I've attributed it as well, wouldn't want to get accused of plagiarism now.

bugloss":1sv1p87m said:
Infact cheesedisease none of your previous comments on this thread were seen as inflammatory.
I have no beef with cheesecake er' I mean cheesedisease posts :shock: How on earth did you come by that screen name anyway ?

Hope RR1 continues to post and isn't put off by 'the few' :oops:

Spokesmann":1sv1p87m said:
Great to see my quote too!
Show off :mrgreen:

Back