RBotM Aug 2018 - Theme = 1960 - 1979 !!! Poll Up! Vote Now!!

RBotM August 2018

• PeachyPM - 1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Lackluster - 1974 Carlton Cobra

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • AndyMart - 1960/61 Carlton Franco Suisse

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • dutchie - 1972 Peugeot G50c

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • allenh - 1976 Holdsworth Autograph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Piperdave - 1973 Carlton Corsa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bagpuss - 1963 Carlton International

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • roadking - 1972/73 Roberts Tourer

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

pigman":1d38wg4x said:
On that note, I'm very tempted to rattlcan spray a carbon frame. The lacquer is peeling in places and the colour is crap anyway. Was going to have it done professionally, but was quoted between £400-£600, which is worth more than the frame to me. Nitromorsing it will be interesting

If you got any areas that have visible weave or Kevlar cloth, be careful you don’t soften the resin. Much safer to cut it back with wet & dry.

velofrog":2tm1yh7f said:
Nooooooooo!!!! Don’t put paint stripper on a carbon frame!! :shock:

Exactly that, don't put any chemicals anywhere near it.

There's a reason they want that much money to repaint it and as far as I know there are no shortcuts with carbon.

Re:

Thanks to all who voted and congratulations to all who took part. I'll throw another in the ring for next month. ;-)

pigman":opagcdqy said:
On that note, I'm very tempted to rattlcan spray a carbon frame. The lacquer is peeling in places and the colour is crap anyway. Was going to have it done professionally, but was quoted between £400-£600, which is worth more than the frame to me. Nitromorsing it will be interesting

Don't be a fool man you know you shouldn't be using paint stripper on a Carbon frame, the only way to remove the paint is with a grinder and a coarse grinding wheel. If this fails 1/2 Lb of C4 plastic explosive should do the job.

;)

Back