RBotM Aug 2018 - Theme = 1960 - 1979 !!! Poll Up! Vote Now!!

RBotM August 2018

• PeachyPM - 1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Lackluster - 1974 Carlton Cobra

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • AndyMart - 1960/61 Carlton Franco Suisse

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • dutchie - 1972 Peugeot G50c

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • allenh - 1976 Holdsworth Autograph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Piperdave - 1973 Carlton Corsa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bagpuss - 1963 Carlton International

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • roadking - 1972/73 Roberts Tourer

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Cheers Jamie, your efforts in making the comp stimulating much appreciated

PS thanks to those entering also

Congratulations to both the winners Lacklustre and Andymart, definitely a tough month if the poll itself couldn't decide but it was a very good field of entrants and a very high standard so I shouldn't be surprised.

As to my showing I took the Holdsworth out at dawn this morning and shot it, it was the kindest thing as there's no excuse for nul point at this level.

Allenh...A bit of a drastic action. I am sure that the result would have been much different if there had been more voters. Holdsworth’s are still popular bikes for rebuilds and refurbs. Yours is a great example.
Thanks for the congrats.

allenh":1yzwczax said:
As to my showing I took the Holdsworth out at dawn this morning and shot it, it was the kindest thing as there's no excuse for nul point at this level.

Nooooo..... she’s a quality bike, and there aren’t many here who can spray their own bike to such a high standard!

Maybe some photography lessons?? :facepalm:

allenh":3ucj6cor said:

That reminded me of a quote from the old movie, They shoot horses don't they.
In it the lead character Rocky, when discussing a horse said : "I may not know a winner when I see one, but I sure as hell can spot a loser."

I wouldn't ever put the Holdsworth in that catagory :)

Jamie

PeachyPM":wwegi0g6 said:
Maybe some photography lessons?? :facepalm:

I hate to blame the tools but I will so a better camera would help, I've been trying for 2 days to get a decent shot of Mrs allenh's Princess Purple Projectile and failed miserably, oh well off for a ride down to the sea front for fish and chips and a pint on the beach so hopefully I can produce something more artful down there.

A don't panic the Holdsworth just got a stern talking to in the end and is now sulking in the corner of the garage.

Jamiedyer":3my88rmm said:
Maybe some spray lessons? ;)

Jamie

I'm on that Jamie, I'm putting something together now so should be able to post it soon, but be warned I'm a far better doer than I am a teacher so I'm not sure how useful it will be.

Re:

On that note, I'm very tempted to rattlcan spray a carbon frame. The lacquer is peeling in places and the colour is crap anyway. Was going to have it done professionally, but was quoted between £400-£600, which is worth more than the frame to me. Nitromorsing it will be interesting

Back