rBoTM April & May 2015 - Nominations Pease!!!

Newman8":2ohfvmm5 said:
Top notch all round - but especially loving Gridno27's Carrera & its perfect little seat cluster with the aero post & super sleek stays... Can even forgive the bar tape!

thanks for compliments - but sorry this bar tape is authentic and "an object of cultural value" like the "Jeans bib"

Bump yet again... :facepalm:

where is the clown in charge of this competition?

Re:

Some of the machines shown are decades apart in terms of design and parts etc .How does one even start to decide .
I know its been said before but I think the categories need redefining in terms of age/class . It is like comparing a 1960's classic motorcycle / car with one built in the 1990s .
Ok its a bit of fun .....I guess I am showing my age :facepalm: :roll:
They are all cracking bikes as are all RBOTM entries .
I will close the door behind me .

Re:

Some nice entries so far.
Just realized I've finished two bikes in a month!
Won't enter though. As a winner already, I'm not comfortable with that

Good luck to the entrants so far, but as previously mentioned, how can you compare bikes from different eras? Surely, you are more inclined to vote for a bike from the era you're most familiar with, rather than what actually may be the best build.
I think maybe decades should be separated, however there may be only two or three for each competition then. Also of course, a flippin' nightmare for the mods, with badges for'60s RBotM, '70s rBotM etc

Mike

I like the different eras all competing square on. Aside from the issues mentioned above by Mike which would really make separating the eras impossible, it's nice to be given the choice on many different levels. It is very rare for a 'bad' entry in the comp, so you just get to go far what you like the best under whatever criteria you chose. I tend to favour bikes from 'my' era but quite often I have voted for something well out of it. Keeps it refreshing I think. ;)

Re:

I guess you guys are referring to my KLEIN being newer. Remember they were concerned about Y2K when this was being built. It doesn't get any more retro than that :LOL: I personally love them all, steel, carbon, TI, aluminum. From 1900 to 2015 and on.

Latest posts

Back