Ray or Roy Inkley cycles of Lincoln

Re:

you would invariably see photos of darryl webster in the comic riding a black/ gunmetal grey raleigh tt special with inkley transfers on the front forks.

as for joey, another hero of mine back in the day - he was always such an aggressive/ determined rider which made him so popular amongst the crowds. i used to have this picture of him on my wall as a kid and saved like mad to buy the same bob griffin 753 frame - nice bike indeed and i had an assos perforated saddle on it - according to ebay usa will sell to you for a mere $450 today!! :roll: :facepalm:

does anyone know whatever happened to joey? is he still into the bike these days? i remember he used to have trouble with his knee(s) and often wondered if that put a stop to his cycling career . .

Re: Ray Inkley Cycles

Hi Guys, I bought Ray Inkley's shop from him in 1998. It was no 2 High Street Lincoln near south park roundabout. We changed the shop front completely from its old glass entrance way. It is now a Car Audio Dealers run by myself. Ray did used to pop in although not seen him for a few years. Still a few Bike bits and nostalgia lurking around. Have some old photo's if anyone interested.

Re:

the power of retrobike!! :cool:

great to hear from you and it would be nice to see some of those photos if you could post them for us?

cheers

Re: Ray Inkley Cycles

Heres a photo of the shop before Ray Inkley when it was Maples Cycles in the 1950's

Attachments

• MAPLES_ECHO002.jpg
    MAPLES_ECHO002.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 678
Re:

hi and sorry to drag up an old thread from the depths, but I just came across Crag Rat Cycles being mentioned on Retrobike while surfing and well, I was that shop! :) we sold Proflex, Klein, Kona, Rocky Mountain, Scott to name a few... Weird to see you guys talking about the place!
Still riding my old rigid Scott Comp Racing, sure I have some old pics of the shop lurking around, I may have to dig them out!

Re: Re:

CragRat":2dl98u1g said:
Still riding my old rigid Scott Comp Racing,

Is it a Black one with Yellow lettering etc.?

Like mine?

Yer don't see many of them around - but I remember Chris Young racing one in the Scott team.

With the White Scott elastomer forks!

Attachments

• ScottTeamPro.1.A.jpg
    ScottTeamPro.1.A.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 460

Latest posts

Back